Chapter 99

"Maybe she's had you bugged?" Harry suggested as they were discussing how Rita Skeeter could've possible known about Hermione.

"Bugged?" Ron stared blankly, "what put fleas on her or something?"

"No," Harry snorted and began to explain hidden microphones and recording equipment. Ron was fascinated, Hermione was not.

"Honestly, are either of ever going to read Hogwarts, A History?"

"What's the point?" Ron asked, "you know it by heart, if we have a question, we can just ask you."

"All those substitutes Muggles use for magic—electricity, computer, radar, all those things—they go haywire around Hogwarts, there's too much magic in the air. So Skeeter couldn't have bugged me....No, Rita's using magic to eavesdrop, she must be...I just have to figure out what it is....ooh, if it's illegal, I'll have her..."

"Haven't we got enough to worry about?" Ron sighed, "do we really need to start a vendetta against Rita Skeeter?"

"I'm not asking you to help," Hermione snapped, "I'll do it all on my own," she called, marching away.

"Bloody hell," Ron groaned, "I can't keep up with her moods."

"You're one to talk," Harry's scoffed.

Harry was looking forward to Easter Holidays, he desperately needed the time to catch up on the immense amount of homework he had accumulated.

Severus Snape had other ideas.

"Pack for at least two weeks," Snape said during their weekly tea. "I've made you guys a list," he duplicated a piece of parchment and handed one to both of them.

"What?" Harry asked, looking at him in confusion, "pack for what?"

"We're going away for Spring Holiday," Snape said, "honestly Harry,  you're a big boy, use your context clues, I can't spell everything out for you."

"Where are we going?" Draco asked.

"Don't get me started," Snape gave Harry a pointed look, "your godfather chose."

"Oh, hell," Draco sighed, "we're going to burn."

"That we are," Snape agreed.

"I won't," Harry grinned, "I'm not pale as ghosts like the two of you."

"We're going to Jamaica," Snape shook his head. "Our flight leaves Thursday, at six thirty in the morning from London. It'll take fourteen hours."

"Fourteen hours!" Draco groaned, "why are we flying commercial?"

"I've never flown before," Harry said, "or gone on vacation."

"I've never had to fly commercial," Draco huffed. "Shouldn't Black have a private jet?"

"What's the difference?" Harry asked.

"One is filled with peasants," Draco sneered.

"And you, Mr. Malfoy, will be one of those peasants," Snape chided, "watch your attitude." He turned to Harry, "commercial airplanes anybody can buy a ticket, private jets are planes that are owned by wealthy individuals, you don't share a flight with strangers."

"Oh," Harry nodded, "alright."

"Why exactly are we going on a vacation?" Draco asked, "shouldn't Harry be focusing on the third task."

"That's still a ways out," Severus sighed, "besides, we all deserve some time off, don't you reckon?"

"My homework would disagree," Harry snorted.