Chapter 97

"He's alive!" Sirius cheered, pulling Harry into a tight hug.

"Yes I'm alive," Harry pulled away, "now get off."

"Rude," Sirius pouted, "we were worried, it's not like you're a brilliant swimmer, Harry."

"Well I managed," Harry said.

"And we are very proud of you," Remus praised, "but we've still ought to figure out who was behind putting your name in the Goblet of Fire." He turned to Severus, "have you heard anything?"

Severus shook his head, "I have not I'm afraid."

"Are you positive it wasn't Karkaroff?" Sirius asked.

Severus nodded, "it was not Karkaroff, he would lose everything if Voldemort returned."

"What about the rat?" Sirius said, "they still haven't been able to find him."

"I doubt he'd be dense enough to return to the school," Severus said, "besides, I don't know how'd he get in, security has nearly tripled. And the boys would know, they have the map."

"Well it couldn't have been just a practical joke!" Sirius said, "Dumbledore drew that age line himself, no student would've gotten passed that."

"He's right," Remus agreed, "this can't be just a student, we're dealing with a powerful witch or wizard."

"I'll speak to Shaklebolt about it," Severus sighed, rubbing his forehead.

"Sevvy!" Sirius gasped, pointing dramatically to the potion master's head, "is that grey hair I see? Or is that just a buildup of all that grime?"

Severus glared at him, "unlike some people, I'm raising two teenagers, my stress levels are not those of normal people."

"Hey," Sirius crossed his arms, "I'd like to think Moony and I are doing our part in raising the boys, besides, Moony has had grey hair for ages."

"Good for him," Severus said sarcastically.

"Enough you two," Remus rolled his eyes, "Harry, think, has anyone said anything suspicious to you? What about the World Cup? When you got lost? What happened?"

"I already told you," Harry said.

"Who did you see?" Sirius asked, "did you hear anything strange?"

"Hold on for a second, Black," Severus leaned back in his chair, "you lost your wand that night, Harry?"

Harry nodded.

"Did you have it when you left the top box?"

"I—I don't know." Harry frowned.

"Did you check your pockets? Did you use your wand at all after the match?" Remus asked.

"No," Harry shook his head, "no, I didn't need to use it before we got in the forest. And then I put my hand in my pocket, and all that was there were my Omnioculars."

"Who was in the top box?" Snape asked.

"The top box?" Harry repeated, "err—let's see, us, obviously, Fudge, the Bulgarian Minister, Winky...and Ludo Bagman."

"Wasn't there someone else?" Sirius frowned.

"I don't think so," Remus shook his head, "remember, Crouch never turned up to the match."

"Are you trying to say you think whoever conjured the mark was in the top box?" Sirius asked.

"I was considering the possibility," Snape said bluntly, "but no, nobody there is suspicious."