Chapter 111

Draco lounged around, flipping through one of Ginny's magazines.

"Reckon Harry's going to be okay?" Ginny sighed, laying flat on her back staring at the ceiling.

"Mhm," Draco hummed, not looking up from the page he was scanning.

"I'm serious Draco!" Ginny stretched her foot out to kick him in the side of the head, "I'm really worried."

Draco glared and swatted her foot away, "one: that's disgusting—never do that again. Two: Harry's obviously really not okay right now but he will be eventually because he's Harry fucking Potter. He bounces back from everything."

"Yeah," Ginny huffed, "I don't know though, this—this feels different. He just seems so, I don't know...broken."

Draco didn't say anything.

"There's just some things that you just can't bounce back from." Ginny whispered, "what if this was one of those things Draco? I feel so horribly selfish even thinking it...but I don't want Harry to change."

"Harry's not going to change," Draco said, trying to sound confident.

Ginny shook her head, "there's only so much a single person can withstand. Everyone has limitations, even Harry."

"I don't want to talk about it." Draco said, squeezing his eyes shut.

"Ignoring it isn't going to make the problem miraculously disappear!" Ginny protested.

"I said I don't want to talk about it!" Draco snapped.

Ginny flinched.

"Sorry," Draco sighed, "I didn't mean to yell."

"No, I'm sorry," Ginny said, "I should've respected your boundaries."

"Can you open the window?" Draco asked, "it's stifling hot in here."

Ginny nodded, standing from the bed.

"Oi, come over here," she said as she pushed the screen open.

"What?" Draco followed her.

"Reckon we can go out there?"

"The roof?" Draco asked.

"Why not?" Ginny hoisted a leg over and began to climb.

"Ginny!" Draco protested, "what if you fall?"

"I'm not going to fall," Ginny huffed, "I am going to go mad if I don't get some fresh air though. I'm not going to have even a trace of a tan when we go back to school."

"Who are you joking?" Draco held his breath as she dropped from the window. "You're ginger. You wouldn't have a tan anyways."

"Shove it," she scowled, "come on."

"I'm not climbing down there." Draco shook his head.

"Yes you are you pansy," Ginny crossed her arms, "come on then."

Swearing, Draco followed her example, dropping down onto the room with less elegance and a loud thump.

"See? That wasn't so hard, was it?" Ginny teased.

"Yeah, wait until we have to get up," Draco grumbled.

"Come sit with me for awhile," Ginny said, breathing in the breeze, "it's not like we have anything better to do."

Draco sat down next to her and she rested her cheek on his shoulder.

"You doing okay?" She whispered.