Chapter 104

"Harold. Language."

"What?" Harry blinked.

"That's Sirius Black." Lavender Brown squeaked.

"In the flesh," Sirius bowed, "as I'm sure you've all heard, I was proven innocent, so my record is squeaky clean, but if you have any concerns, feel free to tell them to good old Albus, because frankly, I don't give a shite and I don't want to hear them."

He strode to the front of the classroom, he was wearing a worn pair of blue jeans and a AC/DC band shirt.

"I am Sirius Black," he clapped, facing them, "I will be your professor until I face an unfortunate end as all the previous Defense professors have before me. Hopefully it won't be lethal but I suppose we'll just have to see. Don't call me Professor Black, I will hex you."

"What should we call you then?" Dean Thomas asked hesitantly.

"Sirius." He said, "easy as that, you can call me Sirius."

The class gawked at him.

"I reckon that'll do for the introduction then!" Sirius said with a grin, "today we'll be practicing our shield charms."

"We learned that in second year." Someone pointed out.

"I'm sure you did," Sirius nodded, "however, did you learn how to do it inattentively?"

The class was silent.

"Draco, Harry," Sirius gestured them forward.

The boys went forward reluctantly.

"What're you doing?" Harry muttered out of the side of his mouth.

"Demonstrating." Sirius grinned. "Draco, cast your shield charm, Harry try to disarm him."

They did as told.

Draco's shield charm held firm as Harry cast his spell against it.

"Very good." Sirius praised. He came up behind Draco and smacked the back of his head.

Draco swore, his shield immediately dropped and he was disarmed by Harry in a second.

"Inattentive magic" Sirius started, "It is vital in real life defense situations. You must know how to maintain your spells whilst doing various other tasks simultaneously. Partner off."

Everyone stood, scrambling to pair off.

"What're you doing here?" Draco hissed.

"Teaching." Sirius answered.

"We can see that," Harry noted, "why?"

"Why why?" Sirius asked.

"Because it doesn't make sense," Draco added, "how come you didn't tell us."

"Because I like to be dramatic," Sirius grinned.

"What about Remus?" Harry asked.

"He's got a job in the bookstore at Hogsmeade," Sirius said, "used to be his favorite store."

"So you're staying?" Draco asked.

"Yep." Sirius grinned, "I'm going to school with my boys."

"Severus knows?" Harry asked.

"It was his idea," Sirius nodded. "Once you told us about Crouch we started investigating. We waited until we had you out of the castle to do anything."

"So that's why we went away?" Draco crossed his arms.

"Yeah," Sirius shrugged, "and who doesn't want to go on vacation? Besides, you need extra eyes on you at all time, Harry."