Chapter 82

"Harry! Get up! You're going to want to see this!" Neville shook the boy out of his slumber.

"Shove off, Neville," Harry groaned swatting at the other boy.

"I'm serious, Harry! You're really going to want to read this!" Neville said urgently.

"Fine," Harry grumbled unhappily, sitting up in his bed.

Neville handed him his glasses and a copy of the Daily Prophet.

"Neville, it's still dark outside, what time is it?" Harry frowned, squinting to make out the words on the newspaper.

"It's around six," Neville said hurriedly.

"Lumos," Harry murmured, holding his wand over the paper.

MALFOY AND POTTER...A BLOOMING FRIENDSHIP OR SOMETHING MORE?
See page 4 for more

"No..." Harry looked up at Neville with a mortified expression. On the front page of the Prophet along with the headline was a photo of Harry and Draco, arms flung around each other's shoulders, their backs to the camera.

"Yes," Neville nodded grimly, "it's worse, she's calling you two the next power couple," he made quotations with his hands.

"Ahhh!" Harry groaned in frustration, "as if the article she posted about the first task wasn't bad enough!"

"What's going on?" Ron yawned, rolling out of his bed, approaching Harry's, still half asleep.

Harry passed the paper to the redhead and watched as his eyes widened as he read the headline.

"Bloody hell," he laughed, "a galleon says you get a letter from my mum congratulating you by noon!"

"Shove it," Harry frowned, ripping the paper out of Ron's hands. He opened it and flipped to page four.

After the Malfoy scandal last year, it's apparent that the young Draco Malfoy is finally breaking away from his restricted life, forging a new reputation and lifestyle for himself.
Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter, proof that opposites do attract?
The two young boys and on the path to being the next power couple in the wizarding world, with Potter's fame and Malfoy's fortune, who knows what the pair is capable of...

"I can't read anymore," Harry said, horrified.

Ron took the paper and read through the article, "no way..."

"What now?" Harry groaned.

"They're saying you've been dating since first year," Ron gaped, "they're calling it a 'forbidden romance that can now be brought into the light'."

"That's ruddy wonderful!" Harry banged his head against the headboard, "I can't catch a break, this is going to be around the whole school."

"Forget the school," Neville cringed, "this is going to be around the whole world!"

>•<

"Harry! Did you see..."

"Yes," Harry sighed miserably, throwing his bag over his shoulder.

"That blasted women," Hermione fumed, "I cannot believe she had the audacity to write that, is it even legal?! You two are minors!"

Harry shrugged, "I have no idea."

"How're you going to get a date to the Yule Ball now?" Ron snickered, "you might as well just go with Malfoy."

Harry shot a glare at the ginger, "you know he's going with Luna, besides I'm planning on asking someone later today."