Chapter 6

Harry reluctantly climbed the stairs, knowing he would have to explain to Ginny why he was waiting for the one and only Draco Malfoy to wake up.

He sighed as he got to his shared room and jumped onto his bed with a groan.

"Finally! It took you forever to get up here!" Draco cried, trying to appear annoyed but failed miserably as his curiosity peaked.

"What's it matter to you, Malfoy?" Harry retorted.

"Look, Snape's gotten us a box thingy," he pointed to the wall across from their beds.

Sure enough there stood a 'box' on a stand.

"He's gotten us a Telly Malfoy," Harry responded walking over to inspect the television.

"A Telly?" Malfoy repeated, sticking up his nose, "and what is that?"

"A television, it has programs and shows and stuff," Harry rolled his eyes.

"Sounds like a filthy muggle contraption. I'm not interested." Draco sneered turning away.

Harry sighed as Draco dramatically went over to his desk to retrieve a novel before settling properly on his bed with his head buried in a random page.

"I swear it's like I'm living with Hermione, but she's evil," Harry muttered under his breath as he began hooking up the Television.

When he was about halfway done figuring out how to set it up, he turned around to see Malfoy peering over his book.

As soon as their eyes met, Draco immediately looked back down, pretending he hadn't been looking.

Harry grinned, "curious about the muggle contraption there, eh, Malfoy?"

"You wish, Potter." The boy spat, turning his head away to hide his blush.

Harry finished setting up the television and sat on his bed with the remote as he flipped through the channels.

He had rarely ever got the chance to use the Telly back at the Dursley's, Dudley always sat with his eyes glued to the screen watching reruns of the same childish cartoons.

After a few minutes of channel-surfing, Harry finally settled on a channel.

>•<

"Wake up! Potter! Come one! Get up!" Draco Malfoy stood over a sleeping Harry Potter with a pillow in his hands.

"I'm up Aunt Petunia!" The raven-hair boy snapped awake and scrambled out of bed.

"Oh, it's just you." Harry spat at the blond, trying to find his glasses.

"You fell asleep. It's time for breakfast." Draco stared, sitting on his bed as he tied his shoes.

"Where are we going?" Harry yawned, he stood up and searched the room for his shoes.

"There a diner about a 5-minute walk from here," Malfoy stated.

"How do you know that, Malfoy?" Harry's eyebrow rose, "we haven't been here long."

"No reason that concerns you, Potter," Draco glared, exiting the room with Harry at his heels.

The two teenagers walked down the muggle street and into town without muttering a word to each other.

They arrived at a quail diner named 'Larry's' and claimed two counter seats.

With the money that Snape had left, Harry got pancakes and chocolate milk while Draco got an omelette and tea.

The boys ate without conversation, as they were NOT friends and didn't plan on becoming them.

On their way home, Harry broke off to go to the lake, leaving Draco to go home by himself.

Draco walked down the sidewalk alone until he arrived at the house he now called home.

He was glad that Potter had gone wherever he went because now Draco was free to experiment with the muggle box without the raven-haired boy's judgment.

He climbed the stairs into the room that he shared and clicked all the buttons on the Telly, trying to figure out which one would turn it on. He remembered that Potter had used a stick thingy to control the box.

He crossed over to Harry's bed to try and find it. Lifting a pillow, he found a book.

"Ooh, Potters got a diary." Draco laughed to himself, taking the book.

He jumped over onto to his own bed. He opened the book, expecting to find Potter's darkest secrets but instead found;

Harry James Potter! You better stop avoiding me or else I will curse you into oblivion and tell my brother that your living with Draco bloody Malfoy!!

Draco scoffed, and grabbed a quill and a bottle of ink off his desk.

'What about me?' Draco scribbled.

What the bloody hell Malfoy! Where's Harry.

What's it matter to you, who are you?

Why does it matter to you.

Fair enough, Potter isn't here.

I don't have the energy to deal with you, Malfoy. Tell Harry he better write me back!

Draco shut the book and put it back under Harry's pillow. He looked under the blankets and found the stick to make the mysterious muggle box work.

>•<

Harry wandered down the street with a handful of muggle money that he shoved in his pocket.

Snape had left directly after dinner the previous night, leaving the two teen boys with an empty house, a television, and money to buy necessities.

Harry figured that he might as well go to the grocery store in search of food that the boys would easily be able to prepare, since they didn't have enough money to eat out three times a day.

With Harry's childhood he obtained basic knowledge on kitchen skills, however, he assumed that Malfoy had never even turned on a stove before.

It was approximately a half-mile walk until he arrived at the town shopping center.

The grocery store was hard to miss. It was by far the largest building in the lot.

Harry paced up and down the isles throwing in cereals, snack foods, and some drinks. This wasn't new to him, he had gone grocery shopping countless times before.

Not able to stop himself, he also bought some ice cream.

He was about to check out when he found an office supplies section, he went down and grabbed a stack of printer paper and a pack of colored pencils.

Harry paid and grabbed the shopping bags, heading home.

It was around 11 when he got back.

He unpacked the groceries and ran upstairs.

He opened the door and saw Malfoy laying on his back with his head dangling off the end of his bed, watching a nature documentary. He flipped over and fell on his head as Harry entered.

"Ugh, Potter how do you shut this bloody thing off!" He groaned, running his head.

Harry raised an eyebrow at him and tossed the paper and pencils he bought earlier.

Draco took them out and a smile crept up the corners of his mouth.

"Your not that bad Potter."