(Chapter 31) Faster Car

Y/n P.O.V

"Good morning, good morning. You're listening to the official Love Love Paradise radio. If the fireworks last night weren't any indication, summer has officially started. Hope you're all excited, I know am. Especially considering that we've got a live show from a very special guest later this week, you all know her, you all love her....." The radio blurts out, till.

Crash!

"Shut up!" I mumble as it falls to the floor, breaking as a result of me throwing one of my pillows at it.

I curl over and bury my head into the remaining pillows as the sun beams down on my face, disrupting any hopes I have of getting back to sleep. I eventually give in a rollover, facing the ceiling. I glance to my left, then to my right and suddenly warm from the bedsheets is sucked away by a cold loneliness.

I angle my pillows upright as I shuffle back onto them, leaning up against the back of my bed. I take a quick second to examine my empty room, empty as in lonely not as in space. The place is a mess from top to bottom, with all sorts of clothes and general items scattered about.

I reach over for my phone to figure out the time and see the numbers, 10:45, written on the front. "Good thing I don't have anything to do today right?" I ask to no one other than myself. I notice that I had a missed call from mom so I decide to give her a call as I have nothing better to do, plus the longer I wait the more she's gonna worry.

She often calls me since we have rarely spoken in person after I moved to Scaleswind. I never liked the hassle of flying back for the holidays so I always celebrated with some of my Scaleswind friends. Not that I was ever that close to any of them, I lost contact with all of them after I graduated.

I press call, placed the phone to my ear, and wait.

Ring ring! Ring ring!

"Y/n?" Mom asks as if to verify that it's me.

"That was fast" I joke. "Hi mom"

"Hi sweetie, how are you? Are you taking care of yourself?" She asks. "Are you dating anyone?"

"No" I blurt out.

"You're not taking care of yourself? I thought I raised you better than that"

"What? No as in I'm not dating anyone. I'm taking care of myself. Not that I really need to, considering a V.I.P pass means that the staff will basically do whatever I ask them to" I say. "Not that I even ask for anything"

"Well, please take care of yourself. I don't like the thought of my baby not being well"

"Mom I'm 27, you really don't need to worry about me"

"Well, that's not gonna stop me from worrying anyway. I'm your mother, it's my job to take care of you. So when I can't do that in person, it's my job to pester you into taking care of yourself"

"I get it mom, I'll take care of myself. Now how are you?" I ask, trying to change the topic.

"I'm good sweetie, so's your father. By the way, have you spoken to Garroth or Zane recently?" She asks.

"No" I mumble quietly.

"Excuse me?"

"No" I say more clearly. "I've spoken to Zane and few times but not since a month or so. Why'd you ask?"