(Chapter 32) Reminiscing (10k special)

Y/n P.O.V

"Well, we're gonna give you two some space" Aaron says.

"We are?" Aph and KC both ask.

"Yes we are" Katelyn says as she drags the both of them outside, followed by everyone else. Leaving Lucinda and I alone in the middle of the house.

"Well, they haven't changed much" I joke as the both of us look at them walking away.

"Yeah, some things never change" Lucinda jokes as she looks back at me. We stand there awkwardly for longer than either of us would like.

"So? How have you been?" I say nervously in an attempt to break the tension.

"Good, I've got my own little potion shop and a nice house so I'd say things are going alright. You?" Lucinda asks calmly. Guess she isn't as nervous as I am. Wait, why am I even nervous, I have nothing to be nervous about.

"Yeah, I've been okay" I say which leads to more moments of awkward silence.

"So, what are you doing here on this island?" She asks as she walks over to the kitchen, where I follow and we both sit down.

"I'm urrrr working" I stutter out. "How about you, Garroth said you guys won tickets"

"Yeah, it was a big rush to get here"

"So I heard"

"I didn't have time to pack anything" She says. "Luckily they gave us these free swimsuits"

I look her up and down and quickly realise that I'm staring. "You look good in it" I say nervously.

"You don't look so bad yourself. You've certainly grown up since high school" She teases causing my face to go a shade of red.

We stay for a few more moments, both enjoying the other's company. "I tried to reach out. After I graduated. But I had no way of contacting you and work quickly picked up and so before I knew it time got away from me so at that point it just felt like it'd been too long" I ramble.

"Sorry about that. I cut myself off from almost everyone from university, bad memories" Lucinda says as a look of guilt falls on her face. "But we're here now"

"Yeah" I say. "We are"

"I never got a new familiar you know" She says as she slides her hand over mine, sending a rush of emotions throughout my body. We stay there for what seems like hours, till we both look up and lock eyes with the other.

I gently place my other hand on her arm and slowly slide my hand up to her face where I rest my hand on her cheek. She leans on my hand, furthering our connection. The feeling of completeness becomes overwhelming as she places her hand under my hoodie and onto my waist. We both lean in and before I knew it, I found myself locked in Lucinda's passionate lips, sharing a long-overdue kiss.

We pull away but Lucinda quickly lets go of me, leaving my body cold and wanting more.

"I'm sorry, we shouldn't have done that" Lucinda says with a stutter that is so unlike her that, it's almost scary. Her words echo their way through my head, making me worry for what she says next. "It's best that we stay friends, we tried dating but it didn't work out. So, friends?"

"Yeah, friends" I say trying to make her happy, even though most of me wants her, more than anything. I then notice her face, full of guilt and sadness.

"Hey girls, look who we found" Katelyn says as she walks in with Aph and Teony. Wait, Teony?

"Teony?" Lucinda and I both question.