(Chapter 18) The Greatest Date Ever

Lucinda P.O.V

A day ago, Y/n asked me on a date. An hour ago, Katelyn asked to hang out after school and being me I said yes. A minute ago, I suddenly remembered that I'm going on a date. Now, I'm running home, hoping that I have enough time to get ready before Y/n shows up. She didn't give me a time or place, she just said after school. Meaning she could be there waiting for me. I feel like such a bad girlfriend, I forgot about our date. Katelyn kept me distracted for awhile, it's almost dark out.

Soon I reach my house. I notice that Mom's already gone, but the lights in the kitchen are on. I walk in slowly shutting the door behind me, but not taking my eyes off the kitchen.

Then I see a note on the kitchen door. It's from Y/n.

Y/n: Ignore the kitchen. Just keep going to the back door. The kitchen will come into play later.

I stand there slightly confused, I then turn around and see there's another note on the back of the door. I reach over and grab it.

Y/n: Welcome to THE GREATEST DATE EVER. Please hold your excitement and continue down the hall.

I turn around and walk down the hall to the back door. And what do you know, another note. I look at it and realise there's a three on the back. I look at the others and see a two and a one. How did I not see those before?

Y/n: (Insert drum roll sound here). WELCOME TO THE GREATEST DATE EVER. P.s. you can open the door now. You know if you haven't already.

I open the door. And I can't see a thing in the garden. I take a step forwards and my foot triggers some sort of trip wire. I look over to my left and see a hammer falling slightly, which pushes a ball, which falls down a tunnel and lands on a light switch. It does nothing.

After I giggle slightly, I walk over a flip the switch myself. Suddenly the two trees in my back garden light up. They're both covered in fairy slights. It looks so beautiful I just stand there in awe. I look around and see a TV, a small table that's set up for food as there's two plates and two sets of knives and forks, and a sofa. A sofa with a sleeping Meif'wa lying on top, curled up in a ball with her tail wrapped around her.

SNAP!

I take a picture, mainly cause Y/n looks so beautiful, plus the garden looks incredible. But mainly cause of Y/n. My Irene she's too cute.

I walk over to her and give her a slight nudge to wake her up. No response. I give her a small kiss on the check. No response, except from a small bit of movement. So I do the reasonable thing.

I grab her collar and pull her in for a deep and passionate kiss. The heat from her face feels amazing and the slight movements of her lips against mine is even better. Which if that didn't wake her up, her falling off the sofa in response definitely did.

She lyes there on the grass and rubs her head. She looks up at me and blushes.

"Hey babe" I say playfully.

"Urrr hi. Judging by the fact that the lights are all on I'd say my amazing contraption worked" She says with a huge grin on her face. She looks so proud of herself.

"Yeah. I worked perfectly babe"

She jumps up. "I knew it" She shouts "I am a genius!"

I give her another kiss on the check. "So genius, what are we doing for the greatest date ever?"

"Watch a movie and eat pizza"

I look at her with a playfully confused look.

"I didn't really think too far ahead. I did right out a plan, but I spent the whole day drawing pictures" She says sadly. Causing her ears to droop.