(Side Story 5) No Day Like A Snow Day

Y/n P.O.V

"Y/n" An angelic voice gently whispers in an attempt to wake me up.

"Yyyy/nnnn" She whispers again, but with a bit more volume. As inviting as her voice is, I roll over and bury my head under my pillow.

"Y/N!" The voice says more sternly.

"What?" I grumble out.

"You're gonna wanna see this" Lucinda playfully jokes. "I snow you'll be excited"

"Urrrr can we just cuddle for a few more minutes, it's too cold and" I start but stop myself as I recall Lucinda's words. "Did you just say, snow?"

I turn round and see Lucinda standing there in nothing but a t-shirt with the sun beaming down through the window behind her. I suddenly notice that the world outside is covered in a thick, fluffy layer of white snow.

I jolt out of bed, run past Lucinda and gaze out the window at the winter wonderland outside. The whole street is covered in snow about 20cm (7.8 inches) thick, with people outside either playing or shovelling the snow.

The cold of the morning starts to hit me but quickly is denied by the warmth of Lucinda's arms slithering around my body, trapping me in her welcomely warm embrace. Both her arms start below mine, with her right arm snaking up and resting on my left shoulder and her left arm wrapping around my waist. Her chest pressed firmly onto my back and her head rests on my right shoulder.

"Wanna know the best part" She whispers seductively into my ear.

"What's that?" I whisper back, then kiss her hand.

"Schools closed" She whispers.

"Wait, so all that studying last night was for nothing?" I say, annoyed.

"Well yes, but more importantly you've got me for the whole morning"

"Only the morning?" I mumble sadly.

"As much as I'd like to spend all week with you, you need to go home at some point and I do need some time to myself, you know to finish studying. And you're overdue for a much need talk with your parents" She says. "But we still have the whole morning. Just the two of us" She whispers that last part, then nibbles on my ear slightly.

"I suppose I can work with that" I joke as I kiss her hand again.

"I'm gonna need more than that" Lucinda says as she turns me around, presses me against the window and kisses me, slowly.

Lucinda P.O.V

We break apart and I'm left with a blushing Y/n. She shakes her head, snapping out of her flustered state.

"Come on, I wanna go play in the snow" Y/n cheerfully shouts as she slivers out of my grip and runs to the door.

"Urrr Y/n" I say but am ignored.

"We could have a snowball fight, or build snowmen" She rambles.

"Y/n" I call out.

"Or we could drink hot chocolate in warm sweaters" She continues to ramble.

"Y/n!" I shout, stopping her just before she opens the door. She stares at me with a confused expression. "Clothes?"

Y/n takes a second to ponder my words but soon looks down and then back at me with embarrassment plastered all over her face cause of the fact that she's currently not wearing anything. I hand her some clothes, then turn around, giving her space to change.

I do the same and before I know it I'm at the door, ready to head out with my hat, scarf, gloves, and coat on. I hear footsteps coming from the stairs and so I turn round to see Y/n. But somethings off.