(Chapter 54) The Wolf In The Woods

Lucinda P.O.V (The lodge) (Just before noon)

"Lucinda! How's it looking in here?" Aaron asks as he walks in on my finishing up the last bit of dusting in this room.

"Good, just finishing up" I say as I look back at a job well done. The two story room now rests spotless and tidy thanks to me and Y/n. The same Y/n who's currently on the second floor, resting on the freshly cleaned sheets.

"And how is she?" Aaron asks. "It's been two days now and she still seems down, not to mention her eyes are still green"

"She'll be okay, we're just buying time to get that fixed" I explain, trying to remain cryptic as to not worry Aaron about the situation. "I'm just trying to keep her mind off things till then"

"Yeah, Kim's the same. Aph and I think it'll do her some good to get out of this place for a bit. We're heading into town to pick up some supplies, do you and Y/n want to join us?" He asks and I take a quick glance up to see no movement.

"Yeah... actually, on second thought. Y/n and I need to go check on something. Do you know if there's a potions shop in town?" I ask as I walk over to the notebook on the side table.

"I think so, why? Want us to pick you up something's?" He asks.

"Exactly that, get everything on this list. Or at least substitutes. The person working there should know what to get" I say as I scribble down a list of general necessities, more offensive ingredients than I'm used to and some herbs that should slow the effects of the potion Y/n is effected by.

"I'll see what I can do" Aaron says as he takes the list and after a glance down, the visible look of confusion is too amusing for me to resist. So, I let out a light chuckle. "We'll be back as soon as we can"

"What was that about?" Y/n asks as she walks out a wraps her arms around me.

"The list or the chuckle?" I ask, jokingly. Y/n just gives out an incoherent mumble while resting her head on my shoulder. "As much as I'd love to cuddle, we've got work to do"

"We do?" Y/n asks, excitement creeping back into her tone.

Y/n P.O.V (The Woods) (A few minutes later)

"We're pretty deep in now, how much further is it?" Lucinda asks as we both go trudging through the thin fluffy snow. Furry trees clawing to the sky either round us.

I look around and find a claw mark on one of the trees. "We're on the right track, for how much longer I don't really know"

We continue for another minute or so before we finally reach our destination, the clearing in the forest where I portalled here. "Well, we're here. Work your magic"

"Thanks babe" Lucinda says as she walks past, giving me a peck on the cheek as she does.

Lucinda begins scoping around, feeling the trees, snow and grass. She begins... urrr... honestly I have no idea what she's doing, obviously something magic related but it could be anyone's guess.

"I've got something" Lucinda says and I rush over. She's kneeling down in the middle of the clearing with some snow in her hand. "The portal wasn't a spell, it was a potion. And a crude one at that"