(Chapter 58) One Cured, One Cursed

Y/n P.O.V (???) (???)

Pain.

That's all I can discern.

My ears ring, and my eyes refuse to budge.

But the pain in various places over my body is very prevalent.

"Alpha, what about the other one? The storm is too thick and the cabin is too far, she won't make it" A female voice begs.

"That Bitch" Another voice calls out before the harsh pain of a shoe hitting my stomach takes hold. "Leave her here. She's no treat"

"But Alpha..."

"SILENCE! I am the Alpha and..."

His words are lost as I fall back into unconsciousness.

"Hey sleepy head" A calming voice calls out, luring me awake, piercing through the ringing. I flutter my eyes open slightly but the throbbing in my head prevents me from seeing anything but a blurry mess.

As well as my eyesight, I can't spell or taste anything but a sort of metallic liquid. And the cold stone I lie on is overbearing.

But regardless of all that, I can still sense her.

"Lucinda?" I mutter.

"Hey sweetie, just relax okay, you're safe now. I've got you" She sings, though even in this state, I can tell she's worried.

I reach out blindly but find her hand nonetheless. I clench down tight.

"Y/n..."

"What's wrong?" I ask.

A few moments of silence fill the air before. "SERIOUSLY!" She shouts, comforting and calming tone now completely gone. "You are beaten, bruised, can hardly make out your surroundings, just had your younger brother kidnapped and your cursed with a forever potion, yet you're seriously worried about how I'm doing"

"Zane's been kidnapped?!?!" I shout, trying to get up but the pain stiffens my spine and only grunts leave my mouth.

"Hey hey, slow down, try not to move" Lucinda reassures as my eyes finally paint a clear image. We're in some kind of makeshift lab inside a cave. All sorts of ingredients and books are spread across multiple shelves and a cauldron boils on the main table.

"No, I need to get Zane..." I start but trail off as I'm unable to move my arm any further. I look down to see a lightly transparent blue chain around my wrist. "Lucinda?!"

"I'm sorry but you're in no state to go anywhere now sit still and let me work" She demands.

"Lucinda please, I need to..."

"What you need to do is heal, you're of no help like this. The others are looking for him"

"Lucinda..." I say, trying again to get up but only causing myself more pain.

"Y/N SIT STILL!" Lucinda orders.

I comply.

The anger in her eyes begins to fade at the sight of the fear in mine.

"Oh my Irene, Y/n, I'm so sorry" She says as she pulls me into a hug.

At a loss for words, it just sit there, motionless. Not even wanting to move.

"What, was that?" I ask.

Lucinda pulls off and looks at me with guilt written on every feature of her face.

"That was an order" Lucinda says as I raise my free hand to wipe away her tears. "As my familiar, I can order you to do, pretty much anything. And you have to obey. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to it's just this is really stressful but that's no excuse I promised myself I'd never do that to you I'm so sorry"