(Chapter 12) Two Little Horns

Y/n P.O.V

"HE DID WHAT!" Katelyn shouts while clenching her fists "YOU CANT GO OUT WITH HIM!"

"I'm not planing to, calm down. And why do you care anyway?" I question. Katelyn becomes nervous and steps back slightly.

"H-he's a bad guy. I don't wanna see you get hurt" Katelyn retorts.

"I know that, I'm the one who dated him in the first place" I shout back.

"Okay look. Both of you just calm down" Teony buts in "Classes are about to start so we should probably head off. We can all talk about this later, and in the meantime, you two can cool off"

"Fine" I say as I walk out past everyone. I walk into the hallway to see that Garroth and Laurance are no where to be seen. Good, I really don't need they're input on this. I hear the door open behind me as Lucinda walks out.

"Hey"

"Hey" I say as I lean back against the wall and look around at anything other than her.

"Something's clearly gotten to you. What's up?" She asks.

"My manipulating ex just asked me out. Where you not paying attention?" I say sarcastic. Its clear how annoyed I am.

"I know that. But there's something else"

I pause and look at her. "It's Katelyn and Laurance. They've been acting weird and I'm too stupid to figure out why"

"Y/n you're not stupid. You're really smart, when you want to be that is"

"I know it's just they always seem to be in competition and I also seem to be caught in the middle of it" I look at Lucinda and see that she clearly wants to say something, but ends up stoping herself. "And then there's you. Look Lucinda about yesterday morning"

Suddenly the bell rings and The girls come walking out.

"Come on we gotta go" Aph says.

"Saved by the bell" Lucinda jokes.

"Seems so" I laugh.

We all head off to our classes and as soon as I know it. It's lunch. Nothing much really happened. Katelyn and I both cooled off so we were on better terms after. I'm the first one out of class so I walk over to an empty table. All of a sudden. Sasha and Zenix sit on either side of me.

"We need to talk" Sasha says.

"Sure we do" I say sarcastically.

"You need to go out with Gene" Zenix says.

"Sure. How about the 3rd of never to the 7th if ain't gonna happen. That alright with you two?"

"Look, what Zenix is trying to say is, that you need to give Gene a chance"

"Why should I?"

"Cause he's changed, and he feels bad about what happened"

"Oh he feels bad. Oh well of course I will. You know cause he feels bad" I retort sarcastically.

"Really?" Zenix cheerfully says.

"No" Me and Sasha both shout.

"Look please give him a chance. He's been really trying and he wants to fix things between you two"

"Does he honestly feel sorry?"

"Yes" They both say.

"Then he can come here and tell me himself"

"He did earlier. And you just stormed off and clearly didn't listen" Zenix says.

I stop and think. Gene would never have apologised before. Maybe he has changed. But I'm not ready for a relationship with him. Plus there's Lucinda. "Look. I will give Gene a chance. But not as my boyfriend. Just as a friend. Okay?"