(Chapter 39) In Sickness

Lucinda P.O.V

"Is she okay?" Aaron asks as I walk downstairs and flop my head on the kitchen counter.

"She's stable. Aph and Katelyn are taking care of her now" I explain as Aaron hands me a cup of coffee. "What did you end up doing with Zane?"

"Kawaii-Chan took him and Dante out to the water park" Aaron says.

"Good. I get that he cares about her but he's more of a hindrance than a help" I say, expressing my relief as I take a sip of my coffee. After we do, Garroth comes walking down the stairs and joins me at the kitchen counter.

"You want one too?" Aaron asks while gesturing his coffee cup in the air.

"If you don't mind" Garroth says.

"Everything alright with Y/n?" I ask.

"Well she can't get out of bed and the fever is slowly rising but other than that, all good" Garroth explains. "I hate that I can't do much more to help"

"We all do, but we just have to let the sickness run its course" Aaron says as he hands Garroth a mug.

"Where is she?" Teony asks as she and Ivy rush in.

"She's upstairs. She's just getting her rest" I explain.

"I told you Teony, there was nothing to worry about" Ivy says.

"Well Zane made it sound like she was on her death bed, I couldn't just ignore that" Teony says, slightly out of breath.

"Zane?" I ask then realise what happened. "Oh no"

"Yeah, we ran into him, Kawaii-Chan and Dante at the water park. Sounded like Y/n had caught the plague or something" Ivy says.

"Seems like just a regular sickness. She must have caught it during last nights show" Garroth says.

"Y/n was at the concert?" Teony asks.

"Well yeah, she practically is the concert" Garroth adds.

"What Garroth is trying to say" Aaron butts in, stopping Garroth before he reveals Y/n's secret. "Y/n works backstage so she's there all the time"

"Oh yeah right, that's what I meant" Garroth stutters out, being as suspicious as possible.

"Well do you guys need any help?" Teony asks.

"We're fine for now" I say. "Go back to enjoying your vacation, we've got it covered"

"Okay, but tell us if anything changes" Teony says.

"Will do" Aaron says as the two ladies leave.

"I'm gonna go check on Y/n, give Aphmau and Katelyn a break" I say as I gulp down the last of my coffee and head to the stairs.

"You sure? Aph and Katelyn can handle her for a while" Aaron says.

"I know, it's just. Something seems off" I explain.

"What do you mean?" Garroth asks.

"I don't know yet" I say. "But, I'll figure it out"