(Chapter 40) And In Health

Lucinda P.O.V

"Well, I gotta admit. I'm impressed babe" Ivan mocks in his usual gruff voice.

"I'm not your, babe, Ivan" I say, aggression evident and fist clenched.

"Oh yes of course. You've got that cute little meif'wa back. How is she? Feeling any better?" Ivan mocks.

Anger takes over and I feel the raging heat of the flames in my hand. I open my hand, yet keep a tight grip on the burning ball inferno in my hand.

"Oh babe, if you were planning on doing that. You shouldn't have come alone" Ivan mocks.

"She didn't"

Lucinda P.O.V (earlier)

"I have a feeling I know who"

"Ivan?" Katelyn asks, rhetorically.

"Yep, I could sense a foreign magic on Y/n when she showed up earlier but I couldn't quite place it till now" I explain. "It's Ivan's magic, he's here on the island. And he's already hurt Y/n"

"Just hold on a second. Who's Ivan?" Aphmau asks.

"Lucinda's ex" Katelyn explains as I flick through my spellbook, quickly brushing up on my attack spells. "Bit is a yandere, wants to hurt Y/n"

"So he's the new Gene?" Garroth asks.

"No. Cause Y/n forgave Gene. I have no plans on forgiving Ivan" I say.

"Lucinda" Aaron says as he grabs my hand, stopping me. "What are we gonna do?"

"We?" I ask.

"Yes, we" Aaron says.

"Lucinda, if you think we're not gonna help then you've got another thing coming" Katelyn says.

"I'm going too, in case that wasn't obvious already" Garroth says.

"I'll stay here, keep an eye on Y/n till you get back" Aphmau says.

"Thank you" I say. "All of you. And Aph, make sure Y/n stays in bed"

Lucinda P.O.V

"Well, who are these three?" Ivan asks in a sinister tone.

"We're her friends" Katelyn shouts.

"Oh no!" Ivan shouts sarcastically. "The power of friendship! Whatever will I do?" Ivan shouts, mocking us, then bursting into laughter. "Oh please don't make me laugh. All you three are, are substitutes. The moment you step too far, she'll run"

Before I have any time to let his words seep in, I feel Katelyn's hand intertwine with mine.

"We're not going anywhere" Aaron says.

"Neither am I" I say. We all turn back to Ivan to see him beaming with rage and frustration. "Now, you're going to undo what you did to Y/n. And leave both of us alone"

"Or what?" Ivan mocks.

"Keep testing our patience and you'll find out" Katelyn shouts.

"And what about you?" Ivan asks, looking at Garroth. "You've been awfully quiet, care to add to the conversation?"

Garroth stays silent but looks like he's barely holding in this anger. His fists are shaking and clenched.

"What's wrong? Nothing to say?" Ivan mocks.

"Garroth?" Aaron asks.

"You hurt my sister" Garroth says in an unusually serious and aggressive tone. "Now, I'm going to hurt you"