(Side Story 15) Shadow Knight Reunion

Y/n P.O.V (The Park) (Noon)

"Who again are we here to meet?" I ask as Gene and I continue to walk through the park.

"Have some patience little kitten" Gene jokes.

"Kitten?" Laurance grunts from behind us as he follows.

"Oh come on, what's wrong with kitten?" Gene ask-shouts back to Laurance.

"Actually Lucinda has said that she doesn't like you calling me that" I say.

Gene takes in a big sigh but gives in. "Fine fine, what do you want me to call you then?" He asks as we all continue to walk.

"How about her name?" Laurance passive-aggressively demands.

"Yeah just stick with Y/n" I nervously chuckle as Laurence's death stare burns into my back even though I can't see him. "Probably the safer bet"

"Fine, fine, fine" Gene says as he holds his hands up in defeat. "Anyway, it's not much further"

We all continue on and soon get to a bridge where two people stand, overlooking the river below. One is a guy with brown hair and red eyes who has a bag on his back. The other, with a white-haired woman with purple eyes.

"Y/n?" The woman asks as she looks up from her phone and I can't help but feel like I know her. Then it clicks.

"Sasha?" I ask. "Sasha!" I shout then run over and pull her into a tight hug. "How have you been girl?"

"Good, you?" She asks as we pull away.

"So much better now you're here" I say then hug her again. Gene and Laurance walk up, Laurance stands to the side, leaning against the bridge with his arms crossed, still keeping his eyes on Gene. Gene, who walks over to, who I assume is Zenix, where they share a cool, intricate handshake.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Sasha asks so I just gesture to Laurance, then Gene, then back to Laurance. "I see" Sasha says as Laurance's death stare speaks for itself.

"Look at this, a full shadow knight reunion" Gene says, gesturing to all of us.

"Oi, I quit remember" Laurance says.

"Once a shadow knight, always a shadow knight" I say.

"Didn't you quit as well?" Laurance asks.

"I just..." I start them look over to Gene. "...disagreed with upper management"

"Oh no, Gene kicked you out after you two broke up" Zenix says.

"Zenix!" Gene shouts, clearly he wasn't supposed to say anything.

"What?" I ask.

"Yeah, petty Gene was annoying to deal with after you two broke up" Sasha explains.

"Sasha!" Gene shouts.

"Yeah, almost makes you forget that he was once a jerk who took things way too far" Laurance mutters with no one but me hearing.

"Oh, why so glum Laurance?" Gene asks as he swoops his arm around his shoulder.

"You changed quick" I point out.