(Chapter 64) Much Needed Rest

Third Person P.O.V (Lucinda and Y/n's Room) (The Next Day)

"Meow?" You mutter out, letting the evening light fall onto your feline form. Only rolling over to to capture more of said light, giving each lanky limb a good stretch before curling back up into a ball. It was neither burning nor calm, sitting at that perfect temperature to lure your swift return to the welcoming realms of sleep.

"Y/n?" Lucinda mumbles next to you, herself being awoken by your previous movements. You attempt to speak, hoping to reassure her that she didn't need to get up, but all that came out was a cute meow. Nothing anyone else won't overlook in a heartbeat, but to Lucinda, after everything that had happened, it was equal to the beeping of a previously dead heart rate monitor.

"Oh my Irene! Y/n!" She scrambles up, banishing any and all sleep that dared draw her attention away from you. You, who was caught in an all to familiar debate: soft, sun warmed bed sheets or Lucinda's loving embrace. Through like always, time didn't permit you to choose.

Being scooped up and held tightly by your loving girlfriend. But who were you to complain, wrapped up and held close to your witches chest, it's all you could ever want.

Content.

Warm

Snuggled.

"Y/n..." Everything about her in this moment contracts each other. Her angelic face. Her drawn out voice, hinted with worry. Her soft soothing hands. Her bright, beautiful eyes, leaking tears down the perfect curves of her still angelic face. "Wa... wait..." She says, whipping her tears, already knowing what you were going to do. "Don't shift. You still need time to heal and shifting will disrupt that. You'll heal faster in you cat form, so just stay like this a little longer"

She sets you down on the bed, allowing you to freely snuggle up onto her lap, forcing her to remain in bed. It's the best you could do as your tiny little cat arms couldn't wrap her up like your human ones could. "Y/n, I... You know I can't really say no to you right now," she says, giving in to your demands. And your fur.

You give out a quiet, curious sounding, "meow," which Lucinda could somehow understand. Was it witch magic? Girlfriend intuition? Both? You genuinely had no idea anymore but you were gratefully regardless. "I'm fine. A lot better now that you're awake. How about you, how are you holding up?"

You pry your head from her lap to give her your best deadpan expression. At least the best cat one you can. Letting out a neutral sounding, "meow" to finally emphasise your point.

Lucinda can't help but let out a light chuckle as she whips away a creeping tear. The simple action alone is enough to reassure you. "Yeah. I'm not good enough to understand that," taking a breath to steady herself, she starts up again. "Are you in any pain? Physically speaking"

You shake your little feline head.

"Good. Eyes are back to their usual colour so no potion tampering," you bump your head against her, letting out another small whimper. "Oh, everyone else? Well. Everyone's fine physically. Aaron is a little beaten up but it's nothing serious. Same with Zane and myself to a lesser extent. You took the most of it in that regard. Though everyone's very shaken up. They're all feeling a mix of guilt, sadness and just a general sense of being overwhelmed"

The two of you sit in the silence for a little while, it was only then that you noticed the gentle snow out the window. Your eyes become glued and you can't seem to notice anything else. Even the wall seems to fade away as all that you can see, all you know. Is the cold. Dark. Snow.

And the memories with them.

"Y/n?" Lucinda asks, nudging you slightly, knocking your focus back. "You're looking a little distant. Are you sure you're okay sweetie?"

You avoid her eyes.

"Y/n," her tone drops, along with your heart as she searches for the right words. "What happened to Ein? What happened to you?"

...

...

...

"Okay, you don't have to tell me right now," once again the hurt in her voice is juxtaposed by the loving, soothing strokes she gives. "For now. There is actually something big that happened on our end"

You shake her off, pearling up at her curiously. "Well... do you know what the Ultima is?" You give a cute little nod which throws Lucinda for a loop a little bit. "Wait? What? The Ultima is one of the more obscure creatures out there. How do you...? Oh. He already told you"

You give another little nod.

"When? Highschool? You are always full of surprises huh," she says as she ruffles your hair. "I suppose it makes sense, the two of you were close even before that and considering you're also a particularly unique creature. I'm just surprised you were able to keep such a secret"

You stare back at her. Even with a cat face your annoyance comes off clear as day. "Hey hey, I'm kidding" she says, ruffling your hair once again. "Now that you've woken up, we're all probably gonna head back soon. As much as we all wanna leave this place forever, I wasn't sure about moving you and no one wanted to leave without you"

"Try not to feel bad, it was our decision. Okay?" She says as she tilts your head up to lock your eyes with hers. "As soon as you're able to shift we'll get out of here. For now just rest. I'll be right here"

You begin to let sleep take hold of you, falling deeper and deeper. Your girlfriend follows suit and it isn't long before the both of you are wrapped up together in the realms of sleep.

=======================================================================================================

Hi PTH here,

I feel like I'm always saying the same thing here but I guess I just haven't really felt very motivated to continue this story. There is still stuff I wanna do but I'm not sure. If I do end up just dropping this then I will put up my plan of what was gonna happen so there'll at least be some sort of an end. Till then I guess I'll see you lot next time. Remember to take care of yourselfs.

Goodbye and goodnight
Thanks for reading