(Chapter 46) Barking Up The Wrong Tree

Lucinda P.O.V

"Awww, thanks babe" Y/n says as I hand her a cup of hot chocolate. She places down her guitar and takes the mug. I sit down next to her, resting on my right leg. Y/n sits cross-legged and I can't help but tuck a few loose strands of my hair behind my ear.

Y/n's hand then gently glides below my ear, freeing the hair I'd just trapped. I feel the soft stands of flaming hair rest just above my eye. I turn to Y/n to see her taking a long sip of her hot chocolate, all the while not breaking eye contact for even a moment.

"I hate that my eyes need to blink, means that for a moment I can't indulge in your presence forever" Y/n says calmly then takes another sip. I can't help but blush at her words, so I quickly try to think of something to change the topic.

"I... urrr... So is this everything?" I ask as I glance around at Y/n's bags.

"Yep, I'm officially moved in with you. Nice that KC let us have the room" Y/n says.

"Yeah, though I do wanna check for any hidden cameras before we, do, anything" I say as I glance around the room. Only to be completely caught off guard by Y/n's smug face barely an inch from mine.

"And what, do, are you referring to?" Y/n seductively asks.

"I... you... urrr" I nervously stutter out. "You know exactly what I mean"

"Yeah" Y/n says as she plants a soft kiss on my cheek. "I do"

Y/n places her hand on my chin and I can't help but close my eyes in anticipation. Y/n's breath gets closer and closer. My face gets hotter and hotter. "But, that'll have to wait till later" Y/n says as she pulls away, getting up off the bed and finishing one last sip of her hot chocolate.

"You're evil" I joke.

"Yes, I am. And you love it" Y/n flirts.

"That I do" I say under my breath. "Where's KC staying now anyway?"

"Her and Katelyn are sharing a room. Sadly I couldn't get her to share a room with Zane but I'm sure they'll be more opportunities for that later" Y/n says. "So, any plans for today?"

"Not really, just gonna sort out the room, unpack all your stuff. Then I'll see what happens, probably go check on Travis later" I say. "What about you?"

"I was just gonna go see what's out there. Guy's cancelled all my usual activities so I've got nothing going on for a while" Y/n says.

"Good, then you can help me unpack your stuff" I say, already knowing the answer I'm gonna get.

"You know, actually I think Aph wanted my help with something, so I should probably go check on her" Y/n says.

"Of course" I say to a nervous-looking Y/n. "Before you go, I urrr got you something"

"Ooh, what'd ya get me" Y/n asks as her tail starts to shake back and forth.

"Here" I say as I hand her the hoodie. Before I can say anything more she chucks in on. She zips up the front, pulls up the hood, sliding her ears and tail through the holes. It's a bit baggier on her than I expected but it fits all the same. She keeps twirling and turning, examining every last inch of the hoodie. The f/c lacing highlights every inch of her and her ears and tail compliment the hoodie so well. She looks perfect.