(Chapter 33) Twisted Love

Lucinda P.O.V

"Ivan" I say sternly.

"What exactly happened between you two anyway, I know you dated over the summer and through high school but..." Katelyn starts before I place my hand over mouth.

"Katelyn! Shhhhhh!" I blurt out quickly. "Please don't say anything, I don't want Y/n to know"

"Mmmm" Katelyn says, muffled by my mouth. I pull my hand away to let her speak. "Why?"

I don't say anything but just look down at the floor in shame.

"Hey" Katelyn says as she places her hand on my shoulder. "I won't judge you, you can tell me" Katelyn reassures.

I take in a deep breath as I muster up the courage to speak. "After Y/n and I broke up, I was sad. Maybe sad's not the right word but I was in a bad place. I know our break up was mutual and we both knew it was coming but it still hurt. Then right after we broke up, Y/n went off to summer school, and I went to witches camp. Where I met Ivan, about three hours after Y/n and I broke up"

"Oh" Katelyn says.

"Yeah" I say. "At first he was really supportive. I didn't tell him about Y/n but he understood what had happened. He was so nice and friendly and gave me my space, but I was weak. I could feel the space Y/n left, begging to be filled. So I went to him. I asked him out. And he said yes. It was nice at first but it didn't take long before I figured out what he was really like. It started when I caught him threatening this guy who had acted flirty towards me. Ivan had his hand round the guy's neck, pressing him up against a wall, with a fireball in his other hand. I was too scared so I didn't say anything, Ivan didn't even know I was there. Then when we went back to school, he transferred to Pheonix Drop and I kept noticing that any guy or girl who would show me the slightest bit of attention in a romantic way. The next day, they would suddenly be scared to even look at me. But I didn't say anything to him, cause he knew me, he knew the whole that Y/n left in my heart and he knew just how to fill it. He made me feel less incomplete. After college, I moved away and cut myself off from everyone there, including Ivan. The whole time we were dating he kept trying to figure out who Y/n was, but I never told him"

"So, you're scared that Ivan will hurt Y/n if he finds out about her" Katelyn deduces.

"Yes, but I doubt I'll see him again. The main thing is, it took me three hours to get with someone else. I fell like I betrayed her and don't want to do that to her again" I say. "I can't shake the feeling of guilt so"

Katelyn stays silent but pulls me into a tight hug as she notices a few tears streaming down my face. "Lucinda. It's okay. Look, do you want to be with her?"

"I. I don't know" I say silently as I bury my face into her shoulder.

"Well, you're not gonna figure out anything from sitting up here alone. Let's head down to the beach, that alright with you?" She asks.

"Yeah, let's go" I say.

 Zane P.O.V

"Interesting" I say to myself as I pull my ear off the door and head into my own room before Lucinda and Katelyn leave.

Y/n P.O.V

"Y/N-SENPAI! GET OFF OF KAWAII-CHAN!" KC screams as I hold her to the ground in an arm lock.

"Are you gonna shut up?" I ask.

"YES! YES! KAWAII-CHAN WON'T SAY ANYTHING. KAWAII-CHAN PROMISES!" KC screams.

"Good" I say as I get off her, then hold out my hand to pull her up.

"YO, Y/N!" I hear Katelyn call from behind me. As I pull KC to her feet, I look back to see Katelyn and Lucinda walk over to where KC and I left Dante and Garroth. We both walk over and greet them.