(Chapter 11) An Unpleasant Encounter

Y/n P.O.V

"Y/N. Y/N. Y/N!" Is all I hear as Vylad shakes me back and forth. "It's Monday, we've got school"

"No it isn't, it's Sunday" I say sleepily, trying to hold onto what little peace I have at the minute.

"Really? Then why aren't you cuddling up with Lucinda?" Vylad says with his eye brow raised and a cheeky grin plastered on his face.

"Wait! You know about that?" I shout as I jump out of bed.

"Everyone does, Kawaii-Chan was taking pictures"

"Oh no, I'm not gonna live this one down any time soon"

"Probably not, anyway breakfast, come on" he says cheerfully as he walks out my room.

I slowly crawl out of bed, get dressed, do my hair and pack my things ready for the day. I walk down stairs and start eating through my breakfast. Mum says she's gonna drive us to school so I finish up my breakfast and start to head out the door, when Garte stops me.

"Look Y/n, can we talk quickly" he says calmly.

"Okay" I say then he pulls me aside.

"Look I'm not exactly sure what I've done wrong, you never call me Dad and that really hurts especially since you call Zianna, Mom. If you're not comfortable with calling me Dad, that's fine, but I would at least like to know why" he says so sincerely.

I look at him and see the hurt in his eyes, but also the genuine compassion behind them. "I guess it's just that I've never really felt like you except me. I'm always afraid to tell you things about myself, but you always seem to find out eventually and when you do you look at me like I'm some stranger"

I look at him and see how sad he is. He try's to fake a smile and says "Well you best be getting off to school, don't want you being late. And thank you for being honest with me" Something about the way he said that makes me feel both regret and relief.

I walk out towards the car and hop in the back with Garroth and Vylad. Mom looks at me through the mirror and knows exactly what just happened. She looks at me with a reassuring smile and I can't help but give one back. And as I do, we all drive off to school.

When we get there. We say are goodbyes to Mom and we all go off in our own directions. I head straight up the stairs and towards the fountain. I notice Aph, KC and Katelyn talking, Garroth, Laurance and Dante talking and Teony and Lucinda talking, all in their respective groups. I start to head over to Lucinda and Teony since I wanna talk to Lucinda about the other day. We never really spoke yesterday cause everyone left after breakfast. I start to walk over but notice Garroth and Laurance looking at me with anger very present on their faces. Or are they looking behind me?

"Well hello Kitten"

"Gene" I mutter. "Where's your little emo brigade?"

"Ha cute" He says with a smug grin. "Anyway. Am I glad to see you"

Aphmau P.O.V

"So that's why Kawaii-Chan thinks they make such a cute ship" Kawaii-Chan says as I notice out the corner of my eye that Y/n is talking to some guy. He's got dark hair and is quite tall. From the way Y/n looks, I'd say this guy is making her feel uncomfortable. "Aphmau-Chan? You seem distracted"

"Yeah sorry. It's just Y/n's talking to someone"

"Well Y/n-Senpai is very social. She gets on well with almost everyone"

"Yeah but look at her. Something seems different" I question as I look over to see both Garroth and Laurance with faces full of rage. "Katelyn, who's that guy?" I ask as I point over to him.

Katelyn looks up from her phone and looks around. As soon as she sees him she gets the same expression on her face as Laurance. It looks sort of wild. Like someone's marking they're territory and they're holding back the urge to rip them in two. "Gene" Katelyn growls out with so much rage that I think she's about to crush her phone.

I grab her hand and she seems to calm down. Her face changes form rage to concern as she looks back at Y/n. Teony and Lucinda walk over to us and Teony says " I take it that's Gene. Never met the guy but I've heard of him"

"Yep" Laurance buts in from behind us as him and Garroth join in on the staring contest that we're all having. I stop for a second and look around at everyone. Katelyn and Laurance are both being territorial again. Garroth and Lucinda look concerned. Everyone else looks scared cause we know that one for them is probably gonna do something stupid.

"Hey where'd Dante go?" I ask trying to distract everyone.

"He saw Travis and went inside" Garroth says while not even batting an eye away form Y/n.

Suddenly Garroth looks like he's gonna go on the offensive cause Gene seems to have said something which makes Y/n's normally freely flowing tail go stiff. She takes a step back and looks confused. Gene starts to ramble, like he's trying to convince her of something. At this point Garroth, Katelyn and Laurance all look like they're gonna rip Gene's head off for obviously making Y/n uncomfortable. But Lucinda steps in and blocks them.

"She can handle this on her own" Lucinda says sternly. All three of them seem to calm down and remember that Y/n can handle herself. I know she can. I've seen her defuse plenty of deadly situations when we play together. She's saved me and FC's butts with words alone, more times than I can count.

Suddenly Y/n storms off, leaving a sad looking Gene standing alone. She storms right past us not even paying any attention to Katelyn asking "So what happened?"

We all follow her but the Garroth and Laurance have to stop since she goes straight into the girls bathroom. We walk in and she Y/n looking at herself in the mirror, then at us, then back to the mirror.

"Judging by that look on your face, I'd say he said something that's really got to you" Teony says as she walks up to Y/n and comforts her by rubbing her hand against her side.

Y/n and Teony back away form the mirror and Y/n looks towards us with a confused look on her face.

"Gene asked me out"

==================================================================================

Hi PTH here

Sorry this took a bit of time to come out. A lots happened to me recently and there's a lot of shit I've got to either fix or get done. Sorry for being vague but that's as much as I'm comfortable saying. Basically I really like writing this story and I've got a lot of ideas in the works but it doesn't take priority. That's not meaning this story is going to end anytime soon it's just imma continue it when I feel like I can. Also I couldn't think of a good title for this chapter so imma leave it up to you guys. Comment down what you think it should be but remember it has to be a song lyric.

Goodbye and goodnight
Thanks for reading