(Chapter 56) A Forest, A Mountain, A Cave Of Horrors (40k Special) Part 1

Lucinda P.O.V (In The Car) (???)

"Come on! Come on!" I shout at the car, as if that would actually make it go any faster than it already is, racing down the snowy road. Slow and careful be damned.

"She'll be fine" I force out, hoping to push through all the doubt in my mind. All the worries. All the fears. "She's the toughest person you know. She's so badass. And strong. And on top of all of that she can turn into a panther. Except she can't right now. And she might not be able to ever again if I can't make is counter potion"

"NO! She'll be fine regardless" I shout out, stopping my spiral as the lodge starts to come into view. "We've been through tougher spots than this"

Aaron P.O.V (Outside The Witching Well) (Months Ago)

"Hello?" I call out, walking into the mysterious shop. The flyer said they were hiring but no one's here. No one except a black cat sitting on the counter top.

"Welcome mortal!" A faceless voice calls out, echoing from every corner. The cat peeks it's head up, being woken from its nap by the voice. "What brings you to my cursed shop"

"I'm here about the job opening" I call out as I approach the counter top.

"You're award this job will be dangerous? You will be working with and around all sorts of magical items" The voice instructs as the cat lies it's head back down but keeps its eyes open.

"I know, I really need the money" I say, turn round as to find the source of this voice.

"What do you need the money for Aaron?" Lucinda asks from behind me. I turn around to see her leading against the doorframe to the backroom.

"Lucinda? This is your shop?" I ask as she walks over and starts scratching the cat.

"Yep. Now, do I have to ask again?" Lucinda asks rather smugly.

"I...I wanna take Aph to Starlight Wonderland" I blurt out, knowing Lucinda would be able to see through, and not accept, anything but the truth.

"This summer?" Lucinda asks. I just nod. "I assume I don't need to go over how difficult that is going to be"

"Yeah, that's why I'm here" I say.

"Evidently. And I assume I don't need to explain how difficult this job is going to be. You're welcome to have it, but you need to know what you're getting in to" Lucinda explains.

"I know, and I'm prepared. I'll do anything" I say boldly. In any other surcumstance I would be really worried making that kind of offer with her. But it's clear she can tell how serious I am about this.

"Well, then you're hired. When can you start work?" She asks.

"Now"

After about two hours of dusting and sweeping, avoiding any and all magic items out of fear of being, I don't know, set to another dimension. I genuinely have no idea what any of this stuff does. Anyway, after about two hours, a woman rushes in.

"Excuse me, excuse me!" The woman calls out in your typical fancy British accent. "I need you help"

She rushes right over to Lucinda who at the time was scratching her cat. "What can I help you with Miss?"