chapter 9

CHAPTER 9

Park Jimin (박지민)

It was around 11:30 in the morning, all seven members were gathered inside the hotel suite, even Yoongi was with them, and he rarely hangs out with the others on long trips because he values the time he gets resting alone in his room

They all had just woken up, not too long ago. All the members along with their newly found friend, Song Areum had spent all night until 2 in the morning watching movies and writing lyrics for fun. She was a good lyricist—she was a lot of things.

Last night, they had a few bottles of wine as they talked just about everything. Yoongi had a little too much to drink but was strong enough to handle himself well. Areum sat quietly in her place, she never drank alcohol—insisting it tasted funny yet she spent all night listening intently to each member's voice, she paid attention well as she engaged her whole existence in the room, not saying a word until one finishes what they were saying. She had apologized a few times on behalf of her Father's company restrictions though she had nothing to apologize for, but according to her, she wanted to anyway.

Jimin watched her quietly as she sat on the floor, her eyes brimming with guilt as the others opened up about their struggles. She'd smile a few times but there was intense sadness in her eyes as soon as Jungkook talked about his family and how he missed the food his mother made. All the members miss home and the food from home. They miss their family more than anything, but due to their line of work, they barely get to go home.

Truth was, BTS' management wasn't that bad at all, there were far more worse agencies out there and the members were only half as lucky that their management wasn't as inhumane as the others in the industry. Though their management was not perfect, BTS understood and respected their policy. Some restrictions exist to maintain balance and peace in the workplace. All those limitations were part of the contract, which the members signed on their own will. They went into the industry aware of the flaws in the system, they knew they'd get exhausted, they knew they'd sweat, cry and they'd bleed. Sometimes, even suffocate. But all those things eventually lead them to their dreams.

         "Areum will be here in 10 minutes." Namjoon sat up from the bed, his eyes tired and swollen from his barely 5 hours of sleep. "I have to pick her up downstairs at least. Her shoulder isn't fully healed yet." he lets out a sigh before heading towards the bathroom.

The members all huddled together in bed and the couch, tired and barely wanting to move. Areum promised them she'd drop off their lunch early as the boys had a promotional photoshoot in 3 hours.

     "Poor girl. Who even gave her the idea to bring Korean food?" Yoongi spoke quietly.

Hoseok had his head on the pillow on top of Yoongi's lap.