chapter 58

CHAPTER 58

Song Areum

His eyes went wide when she met gazes with her

His eyes went wide when she met gazes with her. The scrawny man shakily folded his arms with the huge camera and fixed it in a hurry—dumb enough not to run. What is he, a rookie dispatch?

Areum went towards him, slowly but fiercely. The man looked up at her, ass collapsing against the ground as he clasped his heavy camera, feet kicking the grass from fear of reaching a dead end. The person he was tailing was right under his nose. Most paparazzi would take that as a good thing.

The lens of the camera was shattered, most likely from the coins she threw. Areum stepped closer towards his sitting figure, eyes trembling from getting caught. She took the camera from his trembling hands, her eyes never left his as she grasped the broken item in her hand.

The man inched away from her and got ready to escape but Areum shove her foot heavily against his shin—resting her weight on the foot she was using to hold the boy captive with.

He winced and cursed in Korean but his hands were too weak to swat her foot away from his bent shin. She broke stares with the stalker, and studied his broken camera, the damage didn't look too bad.

The boy wriggled from her weight and she let him go only to kick him back on the floor with force—high heels could be convenient sometimes.

She quickly checked all the photos taken with the camera, a few pictures of her back in frontier of the pond, more photos as she walked from Dr. Kim's office and into the parking lot and some earlier that same day as she was getting out of the car then some more of her mother's car driving out of their front gate, she was assuming it was from the morning earlier.

An menacing grin formed her face as she took the memory card from the camera and secured it inside her bag before smashing the camera down to the ground, crushing it with her foot before she glanced back towards the man near in tears as his soul broke slowly at the sight of his gadget being useless.

"I'm calling the police," she warned him, taking her phone out as she raised her foot back onto his chest to secure the man on the ground while she called the authorities.

"No, no, please!" she gazed down at the pleading stalker.

"You bet I will, freak." she said, as she raised her phone to her ears.

"I'm only getting paid to follow you, please don't call the police!" the boy begged, Areum ignored him as she spoke on the phone once the agent answered on the other end.

"Hi, I'm in—" the man cut her off.

He knelt down and folded his hands together, begging. "Forgive me, please! I'll tell you who's paying me, I'll take you to them, please don't turn me in." he whispered with trembling lips and limbs.