chapter 39

CHAPTER 39

Song Areum

'Jealousy' is such an infantile word and odd emotion for Areum

'Jealousy' is such an infantile word and odd emotion for Areum. One, because she never felt jealous nor hated herself more than others. Two, she just didn't pay attention much to other people like that.

Yet, it was 9:30 in the evening, their dinner had just been served and the rest of the members except Jungkook all dug into their meals like hungry hyenas—she can't blame them. They chose to sleep all day after their flight instead of eat.

Jungkook was still in the balcony, talking to Iris. He had his back facing the others, his other hand was tightly holding the phone to his ears and the other was inside his shorts pocket.

Areum kept eyeing him, barely chewing on her food which she took a small bite out of. She never felt so inferior to a phone and the person on the other end of it. And she was jealous—sure, whatever they call it.

"Eat up." Jin elbowed her gently.

She swallowed her lightly meshed food before taking another small bite out of her salad bowl—how she wished she was eating junk right now. . . or Jungkook hung up the phone and join them for dinner instead. Areum liked the latter more so than binge eat carbs.

"What's taking him so long?" she murmured to herself.

"Who cares," Taehyung answered for her. "Finish your bowl."

Areum ignored him and continued to stare out of the closed sliding doors of the balcony where Jungkook stood.

He took his hand out  of his pocket and gently used it to squeeze his temples before turning his head slightly to the side and towards where the members and Areum sat inside the suite. She caught his eyes, Jungkook smiled at her before turning his back from them once more.

The growing smile on her face slowly disappeared before it even became a full smile. Areum looked down, grabbed her bowl of turkey salad and filled her mouth with it.

She chewed fast and quite loud, making the members set their eyes on her as she continued to eat in an unmannered way which her mother never taught her but she did it often anyway.

Besides, she was mad about how Jungkook chose Iris instead of Korean takeouts she even bought from Koreatown in Manhattan. She didn't have the right to get mad but she was uncomfortable.

She then took a metal chopstick and dug into Namjoon's Dupbap right in front of her, then a slice of Kimbap and a spoonful soup of Budae jjigae that the members were all sharing.

Areum furrowed her eyebrows from putting too much food in her mouth. Jin reached for her back, drawing small circles on it to ease up her struggle.