chapter 1

DISCLAMIER : All characters and events mentioned in the story are solely based from fiction and the author's imagination. The author has no affiliation with BTS and their management. The story is no way shape or form written to invalidate and cause harm to BTS members and their management. The whole plot was purely inspired by my pure love and appreciation for the group. If there are certain parts that seemed familiar to the reader, it was either coincidental or based on the inspiration I saw on the internet. Please be advised that I meant no harm by writing this story.

Some scenarios included were inspired by some publicized videos on the internet.

Again, this is purely a work of fiction and none of the incidents , situations regarding the characters on this book are in any way related in real life.

CHAPTER 1
S o n g   A r e u m

        It was 5 minutes before 6 in the morning but in Song Areum's time, the clocks all struck and stuck at 13

        It was 5 minutes before 6 in the morning but in Song Areum's time, the clocks all struck and stuck at 13. What a number far from all the luck in the world. She hasn't eaten much for days, nor slept properly for months. Areum has just gotten back from the hospital 3 months ago. She was lying on her side for hours, her limbs were too numb to move, her eyes too dry to blink. The Hospital discharged her and claimed she was good to go but it felt like her body was still filled with morphine. It was just a gunshot. It barely reached you. She kept repeating in her head. Indeed it was a gunshot, but it was also powerful enough to detach herself from her soul.

             The sound of her alarm filled her ears, has the sun really risen already? She didn't know. It only felt like she was lying in her bed, staring blankly at her carpeted floor for a few minutes. Areum reached over to her bedside table to turn off the alarm, her airconditioned room moistened her phone screen and she grabbed her phone to wipe the moist off using her duvet. The blinds were open, she must've forgotten to close them before she lied down last night. The sun rose quickly, but she never moved an inch on her bed, even if the sunlight was hurting her eyes. She knew the sun would soon blind her and spoil her day—not that it wasn't already ruined. She hated being woken up by sunlight, but she didn't sleep anyway. These days, she hasn't been sleeping, so she couldn't be bothered.

     "Areum?" a soft voice from the hall sneaked into her empty thoughts, pulling her out to reality.

     "I made breakfast." her friend Jana sat at the edge of her bed. Areum didn't answer but she was aware that Jana was still speaking so softly towards her, and she was still waking up early to make breakfast for both of them.

     "Do you want me to bring it to you?" Jana asked patiently. Areum is yet to respond, but Jana understood her. For months after Luke's funeral, she hasn't gone out of her room much. And though Jana was going through the same grief, it wasn't her who laid with Luke Bellford as he gasped for every last bit of life there was left. It was Areum—who couldn't forget the blank expression on Luke's face as life slowly faded away from his beautiful eyes. It was Areum who had to face Luke up close as they both slipped into the boundless void, only, it was also Areum who managed to get out of time. Luke didn't make it. He was gone and the last memory she had of him was the last seconds of his life.