chapter 21

CHAPTER 21

Song Areum

The team arrived in London around midnight, having 4 more days until the first day of the concert and three more interviews before the big night

The group has finished two short interviews in the early morning and went straight to the rehearsal studio after their morning schedule.

As for tomorrow, they will have a free day to use to explore the city, catch up on some work and most importantly, sleep.

Areum sat with the staff in the rehearsal studio, the members have been practicing for hours before Mr. Son insisted on a break from practice to eat and rest.

The staff were all hesitant and uncomfortable with Areum since the incident she caused in Brazil. Even the stylists were distant to her now, not because they didn't like her anymore nor they were scared of her but the way she handled the situation reminded them not only was she the Chairman's daughter but she was also there to work alongside Manager Ye Jin and Mr. Son as a part of the deal she made with her father.

In conclusion. no one talked to her all day besides Manager Yejin, Mr. Son and the members so she decided to claim the couch in the dance studio as her area to rest. She was too tired and high on sleeping pills to worry about apologizing to the staff, hence why she kept quiet in the corner of the room with Hoseok's huge sweater to keep her warm as she watched Jin got carried and hit playfully by Jungkook—he has been extremely playful with the members since they arrived yesterday while Areum stayed in her room to rest.

Jungkook was too happy to be in Europe since he couldn't enjoy it their last concert the year prior. Apparently, he hurt and cut his feet before.

Their last night in Brazil, Jungkook stayed in her room and talked for hours until she asked him him to go back in his room for their early flight. She told him she was tired and that she could fall asleep easily when she closed her eyes, and though he was hesitant to leave, he left anyway.

Areum lied about being tired nor could she sleep by herself without his voice sending her to slumber. The truth was, she wanted to be alone and curl up into a ball without him in the same room.

She has been relying on safety from someone who wouldn't be around a long time. And she was starting to need him all the time.

He'll never be a part of her life in the long run, no matter how much she wanted him to. She'd never be part of his dazzling life under the spotlight either—she can't be.

That night, she went to the last resort of getting a quiet slumber, pills which she avoided taking since her last appointment with a shrink.

She'd woken up when her nightmares came and she spent the rest of her waking moment waiting for the sun, but even then, her thoughts were filled with Jungkook and how much she wanted to repress the growing feelings she has for him. The pills didn't work that night but it sure is working now, she thought while shivering in the slightly cooled dance studio.