chapter 43

CHAPTER 43

Song Areum

"Why didn't you tell me you weren't coming home?" her mother exclaimed

"Why didn't you tell me you weren't coming home?" her mother exclaimed. "Am I really not that important to you?"

Areum sank on Jana's extremely uncomfortable couch—at least it was comfortable earlier, now it just felt foreign. Her mother's frustration must have something to do with the sudden change of her perspective on the couch. It had always been like that, when she felt guilty of something, everything just seemed wrong.

Tomorrow, the members will return to Seoul for a month or so and hold their 5th Muster Fanmeeting. On the other hand, she just landed back in Los Angeles an hour ago.

It was about five in the afternoon in Seoul, just about time her mother arrived home from her aesthetician or the spa—hence why she was more upset with Areum.

Her mother just came home from a very relaxing day only to receive information that her daughter wasn't coming home after all.

There was no point of lying or hiding the details from her mother, Areum never really lied to her parents not because she felt like a mighty being—obviously she was so far from that. It was mostly because she was never scared of getting in trouble, her claims being; 'suffer now or later, there's only one end to everything: death'—morbid, but that who she was.

Whenever she got scolded, it didn't really bother her too much. There was something worse than being called out.

Besides, lying takes so much time and effort—and she just couldn't be bothered to put that much emphasis in a stupid lie.

"Eomma, I'll be home in a week." Areum tried to carry on with her calm voice.

"You should be home in two days, Song Areum!" her mother insisted, referring to the arrival of the members back in Seoul.

"I can't believe Namjoon let you go!" frustration was evident in her mother's voice. "I should have flown to New York and brought you home myself, jinjja. What was I thinking agreeing with the deal you made with your father!"

Areum breathed out with her mouth and sank further into the couch, resting her head on the soft backrest as she hugged herself against the cold breeze from the open window by the living room.

"It's not part of his job to take care of me. Don't bother him about it, trust me he didn't want me to go as well but you know how stubborn I am, Eomoni. I have to do this." she insisted.

Her mother gasped. The anger and disappointment in her voice indicated a worried-sick mother on the other line. Her mother's distress churn within, as if she had enough of Areum's indecisiveness and persistence to disobey them.

She couldn't blame her mother, for the past months since she joined the tour, all she kept telling her mother was how much she was looking forward to coming home.