chapter 17

CHAPTER 17

S o n g   A r e u m

    Outside the window of Jungkook's hotel room, another cloudy night rolled in, covering the stars that were barely visible on the dark thick clouds while the moon fought to shine just enough to glimmer behind the blanketed sky as the clouds stre...

    Outside the window of Jungkook's hotel room, another cloudy night rolled in, covering the stars that were barely visible on the dark thick clouds while the moon fought to shine just enough to glimmer behind the blanketed sky as the clouds stretched over the heavens, giving it a hazy baleful feel.

    Inside Jungkook's room, there was Areum, warmed up on the couch with the thick blanket from Jungkook's bed as she stared adoringly at the faint light of the moon and a few stars outside where the darkness lay.

She arrived from Jin's room and into Jungkook's warm and cozy room just hours ago. She had her face resting on top of her crossed arms over the backrest of the couch where she sat quietly, listening to the demo that Jungkook made. Her eyes shifted towards the building lights and the cars' headlights that drove around the city, how busy it was down there—and how beautiful it was to listen to his voice endlessly. Jungkook's voice was made of pure diamonds that shined so beautifully, so melodic, so euphonious.

Areum lugged her attention towards Jungkook as he sat beside her, holding his big iPad. His eyes lay focused on the screen as he skimmed through the song he finished writing. She leaned on her side, resting her head against the backrest of the sofa, watching him quietly, not wanting to disrupt his beautifully thinking phase. He pressed his lips together, his faint dimple showed before humming the chorus of his song. Jungkook moved closer to her, covering his lower body with the covers they shared and that kept her warm for a while.  The cold temperature in his room and his occupied thoughts gave them more reason to draw closer to one another, to feel the natural warmth they both bring.

    "I don't think it sounds good at all." he murmured.

She peered at Jungkook's direction, looking at him and onto his iPad.

     "Make the tempo a little slower." she suggested quietly.

Jungkook glanced at her before turning off the music from his iPad.

        "Do you think the lyrics are good at least?" he asked.

She grabbed the iPad and read the lyrics, the sweet intro—kind of like a love song between lovers, perhaps it was.  Areum continued to read the first verse, its lucid description almost made her smile, then she got to the pre-chorus and a light tug on her chest overpowered the amusement in her eyes, finally getting a hold of his message. She glanced up at him momentarily before reading the chorus and the outro lyrics of the song.

The last lyrics of the song went :

Behind the faint smile that looked at me
I will draw a beautiful purple shade
We may not be on the same page
But I want to walk this path with you
Still with you