chapter 55

CHAPTER 55

Kim Namjoon

[read picture for Areum's letter]

Namjoon read the poem Areum wrote for him for the hundredth time since he received it through her father a few weeks back.

She still had no idea that her father shared the information about the deal she made for the members during the tour.

He wondered if Areum knew about the poems she wrote being in each of the members' possession now. She probably did, she was the one who submitted all of it in the first place.

Nonetheless, Namjoon could never get enough of the words she conveyed through her writings about him. She wrote it how she saw him. Areum was never good at showing affection to her family and friends but she had always been good in writing and for some reason, her thoughts put into words gave him a sense of affection from someone he held dear.

He leaned back on his swiveling chair inside his studio in their management's building as he read the poem/letter Areum wrote once more.

It made him want to write songs after another... and then some more. Her poem did not just consist of her letter to Namjoon but it was almost as if she was telling him to love himself more so he could pass it on better to those who needed the same encouragement the most.

The thing was, he could write songs about loving and speaking oneself and still feel otherwise about himself on some days. . . it was all normal though, to feel inferior and insecure on a bad day.

It was part of being human—hence why he loved the poem Areum wrote. It served as a constant reminder to always resonate with what he was writing first so it can be understood and felt by the listeners better.

"Oppa!" an aggressive knock made him jump from his seat, knocking over his water tumbler and small figurines to the ground as he stood up from his chair. "Namjoon-oppa! You around?"

A very familiar voice filled his ear, he could already tell who it was from the small figure impatiently knocking against his blurry glass door.

Namjoon cussed and shook his head before he stumbled towards his door and swung it open to reveal a pouting child about to throw tantrums any second.

Areum automatically walked inside his studio, scanned the room and stopped in front of the spilled water on the floor.

She knelt down and gathered the small figurines before she turned back to Namjoon just as he closed and locked his door.

"You knocked these over, didn't you?" she asked, wiping each small character on her blouse.

Namjoon reached over his toys from her grasp, possessively took it from her before displaying it on one of the shelves full of toys he was collecting.