chapter 80

CHAPTER 80

Jeon Jungkook

It's the eighth month since all the members got discharged from the military, five months since they started preparing for their comeback, only a week since they first made their first Media and Short concert appearance after they got back

And nearly over two months since Areum and Jungkook made it official between them. The first weeks were all fun and games, they couldn't get away from one another, Jungkook would always pick her up after work and she'd spend the whole week in the group's dorm at night. She'd make him breakfast early in the morning and leave a note on his bedside telling him she'd already gone for work. They were both over the moon, finally relieved that they were official. Some would say their relationship had been rushed but honestly, six years of holding back and denial wasn't anywhere near rushing.

Jungkook had dreamt to be with her the day he first laid eyes on her—or at least thought about constantly how it'd feel to be with Areum.

Recently though, they were back to what they were almost six years ago. Always getting into each other's nerves—worse than Taehyung and Areum's banters.

One time, Jungkook didn't pick her up at work because they had a petty argument about why she was still letting one of her colleagues pick on her, she bit back by pointing out Jungkook's unintentional character of being a pushover back when he was younger and sometimes until recently.

Their second argument was about when she woke him up in the most dreadful way possible—the thing she does with a cold wet tissue paper and throws it straight to his face because apparently, she just feels like waking him up that way.

Just the other night, Jungkook sat her down and asked why she wanted to keep their relationship hidden, he was even concerned at how she was becoming less and less affectionate towards him as if they were back to being friends again except they'd cuddle in bed every night. Areum was never affectionate but at least she had been on their first week!

Jungkook was just worried and perhaps a little bit paranoid that she might be losing interest in him that easily when he was still head over heels for her and he missed her terribly every second of the day they were apart.

Sometimes, she just act as if it didn't bother her anymore, so they had an argument again, and she sleept in Jimin and Hoseok's room in the dorm—those two were always the ones babying her.

In return, Jungkook did not touch nor eat the breakfast she made this morning to reconcile with him. He was mad and a bit disappointed that she chose to stay in other people's room instead of making up with him like they always do.

As a result, while the members sat smiling with full energy as they ate light snacks for their Comeback Event after their hiatus, Jungkook tried his best to stay sane and as lively as possible for the fans even if he was dying of starvation already. Fuck his pride for dominating him this morning.