chapter 54

CHAPTER 54

Song Areum 

It's already been a month and a half since Areum arrived back in Seoul—three weeks since she last saw the members altogether after the last dinner they had before they left for Japan to continue their tour

The members—except Jungkook of course, had constant contact with her. All of them checked up on her that night, when she confessed her love for someone in front of her friends and the girl Jungkook liked. Since then, she had to pretend like it didn't hurt as much—like she hasn't been hurting since then.

She hasn't even cried, not even once after crying infront of him that night. Somehow, she felt the need to pretend indestructible in front of herself too. . . only then it might come true, that she was indeed indestructible like she used to.

She had already lost him, it was unimaginable to lose the whole members just because things didn't work out with Jungkook. As much as she needed them to side with her, she didn't want them to have to choose between her and Jungkook. They were all family, she wasn't about to ruin that too.

She'd be lying if she said days and weeks didn't passed by without her thinking about Jungkook, or how many times she restrained herself from calling him.

Most of the time, she'd be spending hours upon hours looking at pictures and watching short clips of them together. He made good use of her phone back when they were still talking. Jungkook liked documenting things, he'd do it for both of them because Areum was too detached from being sentimental.

People say 'break ups' hurt, but weren't failed friendships hurt twice as much?

Doesn't romantic love ruined everything?

Areum leaned back on her chair, closing the third Medical Book she had been studying for weeks in between working on the song Jungkook and Iris would collaborate in.

She had finished polishing the melody with the beat maker and instrumentals three days ago and Iris already recorded her part on the song yesterday.

Areum decided Iris' voice was more than enough to give justice to the song. It took her all night listening to Iris' music to come up with an unbiased opinion on her work. She was indeed a good artist.

Iris would match well on Jungkook's soft, breathy and powerful vocals. Besides, he dreamt about collaborating with her for a long time and Areum turned out a little less wicked and let it come true for him.

Tomorrow, she had to meet both Jungkook and Iris and start working altogether—the three of them. In a confined place like the recording studio. Talk about hell.