◾️𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨◾️

CHAPTER 49

Seoul, South Korea

Song Areum has returned home at once

Song Areum has returned home at once. Back in the City of Seoul where almost everything has changed during her absence—just as she expected, nothing remained the same since she last saw her hometown.

She took an immediate flight from Los Angeles to Seoul the day after Jana made up with her family, she left knowing her friend wouldn't feel desserted as much when she left.

Jana was reunited with her family, it's time she did the same.

Areum arrived at sunset in Seoul, her mother picked her up at Incheon International Airport with one of their drivers.

To her surprise, her mother was beyond excited to embrace her prodigal daughter. Areum was expecting her mother's nagging after their long embrace but instead, her mother was nothing but relieved that she was finally home.

At the restaurant as they were eating dinner, her mother kept staring at her in awe as if her presence was too good to be true. For once, her mother looked at her with warmth and affection. She no longer looked at Areum with seeking eyes, looking for something to correct in her manners and appearance. That dinner was the longest they talked to each other without leaving one another in dismay.

That night, they spent every second making up for lost times, hand in hand as they walked into their car and even now that the car had passed familiar and improved landmarks she remembered, her mother didn't let go of her hand—afraid that she might slip away if they broke contact.

The driver turned left against their way home, Areum had managed to convince her mother to pay the members a visit after their Fanmeeting in the Olympic Gymnastics Arena in Seoul just before they went straight home. She was looking forward to seeing the members after over two weeks of not seeing any of them in person.

Unfortunately, she had missed their Fanmeeting in Busan and the first day of their event in Seoul—the latest flight she could get was her arrival on the last day of the Fanmeeting.

Her mother enjoyed watching her while she paid attention to the colorful City of Seoul as if it was her first time seeing it.

She felt a strange emotion creeping into her consciousness, coming back to the place she ran away from was both exciting but more so terrifying.

The place was so foreign, all she could remember about Seoul was the fine dust, extremely hot summers and freezing cold winters. Despite her little memory of Seoul, she never thought for a moment that returning to the place she was raised would be the holy grail she had been seeking to complete the hole inside her.

The dark sky and little amount of stars engulfed her presence, welcoming her with open arms as if it was the only place she truly sought.

She was home and her mother sat beside her—as she would for a very long time from now.