chapter 60

CHAPTER 60

Song Areum

It was 12 midnight, Areum had long been pacing around her room with a more comfortable attire—Luke's old t-shirt, that is

It was 12 midnight, Areum had long been pacing around her room with a more comfortable attire—Luke's old t-shirt, that is. Somehow, it still gave her comfort.

She spent hours trying to reach Jungkook—against her father's wish but she had to warn him as a friend.

That night marked the very first time her father scolded her on behalf of someone else—it was the only time she got sent to her room like a grounded teenage girl.

Somehow, in the middle of her persistence of 'taking it easy' with the members, the blame of Jungkook's actions were suddenly poured onto her. Her father blamed her for involving herself into the business—that she spoiled the members too much and have caused them to steer off course as if it was exactly why they—he meant Jungkook was acting out now.

Song Jung Hoon believed they were being way too careless now because Areum allowed them to act like it on tour. Perhaps he was right, she was the root cause of it all.

One of the reasons why other companies kept digging for receipts to ruin the members' image, why the company's future was in jeopardy or why Jungkook had been careless enough to suddenly go around in public, drinking with his outside friends, hugging and kissing another woman on the cheek—he probably thought just because he was far away from the city, it meant less eyes were watching him. But he was fucking superstar. Everyone was watching. Maybe she didn't loosened the leash on them, she just untied the other end that restrained them.

Everyone knew who Jungkook was and everyone was watching them, waiting until he does something unacceptable to the public. And stupidly enough, he did. He messed up and Areum took the blame for it because she was the one who asked for leniency on them from the beginning.

Areum threw her phone on the bed after a hundredth time she tried to call Jungkook and got sent straight to his voicemail.

What the fuck is he doing this time of the night?

The night he stopped calling was probably when he was busy cozying up with another girl.

Out of frustration, Areum sat down on her bed heavily, nibbling on the ends of her nail extensions as she bounced her legs anxiously against the carpet.

She was angry. . . more so worried that if Jungkook still won't answer either her calls or Mr. Kim's, he might as well prepare himself for an extreme punishment from the company board.

He better not do anything stupid from now on until he resumed working. The company had to be assured that their artists were still intact and well-managed while the public has to be reminded that everything was under control even when it's not—articles and private information in Da Reum's possession wasn't completely safe from the public, if that got out in the middle of his dating scandal in Geoje Island, then it'll be over for him—all of them.