chapter 82

CHAPTER 82

Jeon Jungkook

"What?" he asked, holding back a smile

"What?" he asked, holding back a smile. "What about the hospital?"

The life and smile on her face suddenly faded, her shoulders loosened as she hugged him tighter, burying her face onto the crook of his neck.

A sigh escaped her lips, he could imagine her sad eyes and the looming guilt and discomfort upon the mention of the Hospital.

Jungkook knew there was something else bothering her, he just had to ask her about it. After all, that was what they do since day one, tell and fix things together—there were times where they even have to fix each other themselves.

"What did you find out?" he asked, his thumb drawing small circles on the small of her back as she tightened her hold on him, clinging onto the strength he was radiating.

She gave him strength too. Hence why he had to make an excuse of being sick so he could spend time with her alone. Recently, his job has been draining him more than ever. . . perhaps because the world has changed immensely and they had to find another way to cope with it again.

Areum placed one of her hands over his chest, her touch was incredibly irresistible and the fact that she was always confidently touching him in all the right places made it harder for him to restrain himself from doing what they've been looking forward to but couldn't—just yet.

"Do you ever think about how public image was the next important thing after money?" she spoke ever so gently. "Being a celebrity or being a doctor—it's all the same. At the end of the day, aren't we all worried about what people are going to think of us or how successful complicated surgeries would look good on the records?"

Jungkook continued to brush his hand over the thin fabric of her shirt as her index finger delicately drew shapes against the side of his chest while her head rest against the other side.

"Seung Jae-sunbaenim did something," her voice broke as she mentioned his name. And though it kills Jungkook to accept that the man was also important to Areum, he chose to stay quiet on the matter—at least just for tonight, the night belongs to her.

"He gave up on a patient and if it wasn't for me, he wouldn't have given up on him—the kid would have lived long enough for an operation. If he wasn't trying to protect my name, the patient could have lived."

She then went on and talked about how lost and confused—more so disappointed she was in the profession she chose.

Jungkook felt how disheartened she was, how she was stuck between doing the right thing and turning a blind side on the matter at hand.

Areum used to be resilient, aggressive and very much decisive. This time around, when she matured and had a real taste of versatile lifestyle, her mindset changed too. She now gets torn between right and wrong, unlike before.