chapter 16

CHAPTER 16

S o n g A r e u m

Areum and Jungkook spent the whole afternoon in the hotel's gym on their last day in Newark, New Jersey

Areum and Jungkook spent the whole afternoon in the hotel's gym on their last day in Newark, New Jersey. Their concerts turned out well and all the members seemed to have recharged upon seeing their ARMY having a blast at the concert.

Areum would never forget what Jin told their fans the night of the last concert. He said the most beautiful part of the concert was when the crowd started losing themselves and gave in to the moment in front of their eyes upon hearing the music. It's the few minutes they stopped paying attention to the performers and let the music in their ears take them to Cloud 9. It proved that these members cared deeply for their supporters more than they do for themselves. It was admirable but it was sad too.

The members have rehearsed over and over, perfecting their blockings and stunts, all done for the satisfaction of their fans who lined up and have gone through a series of hardships just to see the concert.

Areum has finally seen Jungkook perform his angelic solo performance of 'Euphoria'. He smiled so innocently as he sung and was carried up by a heavy-duty zip line going over the crowd. He was flying—and God knows he was beautiful.

        "Ooof!" Areum complained. "I think I left my back on the floor when I sat up," she muttered in between heavy breaths as she attempted to rest from an intense core workout.

        "10 seconds left, keep going." Jungkook urged her.

He had his hands on her feet, keeping it flat on the floor as she did her 3rd set of sit-ups which Jungkook forced her to. They have gotten even more closer than they were almost 2 months ago. With him, Areum can easily break down her walls. It was like she'd known him longer and being with him felt right. Perhaps it was because they're both secretly a little immature still, somehow they get each other better in a way that no one else does.

Areum and Jungkook have always been the youngest ones growing up. He grew up and went through puberty as the youngest of the band, he may even be the youngest in their family while Areum has always been the youngest at school, the only child in the family and the youngest between Jana and Luke whom she lived with since she was 16 years old.

They could be talking about anything and they'd still never ran out of things to say the next day. It has become like that between them, one will talk, one will listen.

        "I can't anymore," Areum pushed him away from her as she attempted to catch her breath

She collapsed on the yoga mat and felt dizzy all over again. Areum whistled as her chest heaved heavily before closing her eyes, paralyzed by the intense soreness and contraction of her muscles while the sudden indication of fainting came crashing down on her through a throbbing head, short breaths and unsteady sight of the room.