chapter 36

CHAPTER 36

S o n g   A r e u m

The dark sky that fell upon the high ceiling of the loft had surprisingly been covered with the subtle brightness of a few stars that decided to show up on the members' last night in Paris

The living room and the rest of the floors in the loft were lit with white fluorescents, emphasizing the minimalist interior of the whole place. The staff had just started eating dinner after almost two hours of  filming for one of the documentary episode that BTS were starring.

The members ate their dinner as they were being filmed, they talked about their hardships and concerns on tour but they didn't forget to mention all the good experiences they had so far, as well as the fun facts that each member shared unknowingly about each other.

It was an ordinary dinner, mostly—except they weren't on their phones the whole time as the cameras were on, especially Namjoon, Yoongi, Jungkook and Taehyung, those guys could not leave without their smartphones.

Areum had eaten her dinner way before the staff and the members had theirs. Jungkook made sure she ate, these days taking care of her had been one of his job—or hobby, whatever it was. She wondered if his father had something to do with it.

After dinner, the members hung out in the living room while the staff ate at the dining area in the other room. As their last day in Paris, the members decided to keep the night short and so Yoongi and Jin went up to wash up before bed while the others stayed in the living room to play a round of Jenga with Areum.

They all sat on the warm polyester carpet on the floor, encircling the wooden Jenga in the middle which Hoseok was eyeing carefully, determined not to lose the round and be the one who destroys the pile of blocks.

The members kept pressuring him since the game started, but he was Hoseok; always patient, always laughing, rarely pressed. Areum sat beside Jimin and Taehyung, somehow she and Jungkook got separated.

Ever since their ordinary day around the City, they have been inseparable, perhaps they have been tied together long before Paris but something about that day drew them much closer to one another.

It wasn't a romantic connection, it was something deeper and remarkable than any other connections they both had in the past, something only them could understand. What she has with Jungkook—whatever it was, it was definitely something she wouldn't trade for anything in the world.

"Ahhck!" Hoseok stood up and reacted in relief as he pulled out one block from the pile, withou it collapsing. He danced and hopped as he made noises and cheered for himself.

Losers gets to be bossed around—more like pay for their meals as if they weren't all Billionaires already. The members still liked free meals and clothes from one another.