chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

S o n g    A re u m

    Areum didn't expect to stay in the hotel for a long time

    Areum didn't expect to stay in the hotel for a long time. As soon as she stepped in with Namjoon by her side, she felt the eerie tension in the room. The guys were great at pretending like they weren't listening through the door as they gathered all over the room, keeping themselves busy and unbothered. They waited for Namjoon's assertion before paying attention to Areum and Namjoon. The silence was deafening at the beginning, but all of them tried to get past that.

    The room smelled like musk and fresh mints. The curtains were opened wide and the furniture was built from fake mahogany. There was a closet across the bathroom door, and a flat screen TV across the king sized bed. A desk set up near the window where the computer and music equipment were set up all over place. Namjoon was probably making music last night, she thought. On the side of the bed, there was a 3 person couch where Areum, Hoseok and Namjoon sat while she and Hoseok asked questions about each other.

    She'd been sitting in the same place for hours, the guys have asked her questions she was glad to answer, their curiosity didn't once cross the line. They were thoughtful, graceful and welcoming.

     Though there is a noticeable thick wall that separated them from her being the CEO's daughter, the five boys tried to maintain a decent acknowledgement of her presence. For once, she felt normal again.

     Areum did a great job containing her composure, after all, she was in the same room with BTS.  In the media, they were the hottest, most talented and nicest boy group from South Korea dominating the music charts and popularity charts all over the world. They have staged a considerable amount of world tours, millions of people watch and love their music—the beat and meaning behind it and everyone enjoyed their entertainment contents that was both entertaining and mostly healing.

    For some reasons, sitting in the same room with them for almost half a day, Areum realized they weren't just a group of men who debuted from her father's management, they weren't just BTS, a boy group who tours and makes music. They weren't just boys—men performing on stage, receiving awards and bringing joy to millions of fans across the country.  They were so much more—they were normal human beings too. They were playful, they love to laugh, they like to make fun of each other. They keep each other sane. They make their free time worthwhile.

There were seven members of BTS. The band leader is Kim Namjoon, but his stage name was Rap Monster—something he thought was cool before their debut but now thinks otherwise, so he goes by RM these days. Good thing he came to his senses. Their youngest, Jungkook, calls him Rapmon-hyung, 'hyung' means 'older brother' in Korean. Their band had been categorized by the fans to having a 'Hyung-Line' or the Older Brother-Line which consists of Jin, Yoongi, Hoseok and Namjoon while the 'Maknae-Line' or Youngest-Line has Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook. BTS also had 3 people in charge of rapping, they were Namjoon, Hoseok and Yoongi while the 4 people in charge with vocals were Jin, Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook, the latter being the Main Vocalist, Center, lead dancer and Visual of the group. Jungkook was also the maknae, the youngest who was undeniably a pure treasure to the members, they've been babying him all morning. Even Namjoon was soft towards him.