chapter 53

CHAPTER 53

Jeon Jungkook

Jungkook pulled over at the nearest parking curve from the barbecue restaurant with Iris on the passenger seat, it was their first time driving together—her riding the passenger seat has always been a dream of Jungkook, but that felt so long ago

He should feel ecstatic to have her inside his car however their fifteen minutes car ride was nothing but stillness and awkward silence, not like how he imagined it to be. They never drove together before—too careful not to get followed by overbearing media.

It was still bright out, the sun has yet to set but his emotions had long faded in the dark. He pulled up the handbrake and turned off the ignition before undoing his seatbelt.

Another car pulled up three cars ahead of them, out went Namjoon with a subtle disguise entering the restaurant as another female hopped out of the vehicle, her thick and long hair slightly swaying from the cold wind blowing outside.

Areum was guided by the driver, she lowered her head, thanking the driver before disappearing in sight with Namjoon. Jungkook extended his head, subconsciously seeking for more glimpse of Areum. He decided to come to that dinner anyway. It's what he and Areum does—they say things they didn't mean when they're mad. They were both immature.

"Jungkook-ssi," Iris pulled him back to his senses.

He blinked twice before turning to Iris. Jungkook managed to flash her a small smile.

"Ne?"

Iris smiled back—just as small. "How do you feel about performing with me?"

Honored. He should be jumping up and down from excitement but he wasn't.

Silence filled the air inside his car as they stared at each other in complete silence. What is there to think about? He asked himself before finally bringing himself to answer.

"I couldn't be happier. You do know it had been my lifetime dream to perform with you." he said honestly.

The corner of her lips deepened into a smile as she reached for his hand in which he was taken by surprise but he stayed frozen in his seat.

"Have you ever thought about going solo?" she asked, stroking his knuckles with her thumb.

Jungkook frowned in confusion. "Sorry?"

"You know. . . to debut as a solo artist, we can make as many songs as we want—together. Your schedule wouldn't be as busy as it is now. We could spend more time together and. . . we could get to know each other better."

The crease in between his brows tightened as he retrieved his hand away from her temporary warmth. Jungkook leaned back, studying the seriousness in her eyes.