chapter 27

CHAPTER 27

Song Areum

Another gloomy day passed by in London, in the middle of the evening, the skies were pitch black but the city was lit up by electricity and car batteries

Inside Jimin's room, only the small lampshade and LED TV illuminated the whole place, the huge and heavy gold curtains shut every twinkling lights from outside.

He sat on his bed with a blank face, his legs under the covers and his back against the cushioned headboard of the bed while his eyes were fixed on the TV, the lights from it reflects and emphasized his clear skin.

Areum sat next to him for a couple of hours, she had only gotten up from her place when she used the restroom and when they both had lunch earlier. She never left his side but they both had been quiet all day.

Jana had called just seconds ago, letting her know she and Dacre arrived back in Los Angeles safely, even then, she didn't leave Jimin's side. She didn't really mind if her short conversation with Jana was heard. Jimin didn't mind listening as he stared towards the TV screen, patiently waiting for the show where the members guested in without him.

The members had their interview at the local but famous Britain talk show earlier. They filmed it around late afternoon but it was just airing on TV early in the evening, and both Areum and Jimin decided to watch it together—considering he didn't make it to that guesting earlier too.

Jimin was advised to stay in his hotel room all day and rest after his muscle seized up last night when he was sleeping by himself. He managed to call Manager Ye Jin on time but the Medical Aid suggested he put his muscles including his whole body into time-out. Jimin always had an issue with muscle pain, and just on their last rehearsal before the talk show, two days ago, his leg muscles cramped up, barely letting him walk.

As much as he wanted to join their guestings, he had to stay indoors and rest considering all their public guesting included a heavy choreographed performance.

She was supposed to get in-touch  with the foreign staff on the show but decided to stay with Jimin, knowing how little exclusion like this meant a great deal to him. He can be a perfectionist sometimes, and though he's always soft and sweet like honey towards others, Jimin was hard on himself.

Areum knew he needed a friend so she stayed. Willingly. Jimin would have done the same if it was her who needed someone.

When the show started, the members were introduced by a performance of their song 'IDOL'. Jimin's place hadn't been filled in—a reminder that BTS was always seven. Areum glanced at him and he was too focused on the screen, his eyes slightly squinting as he watched. She stayed quiet beside him, giving him the space and time to think.

His part wasn't replaced by anyone, but the whole members danced to it as if he was there. He looked down momentarily before looking back up again while she kept her eyes on him, trying to figure out what was going on inside his head.