chapter 73

CHAPTER 73

Jeon Jungkook

There was too much noise, too many people walking around a place which had a very distracting scent of disinfectant, coffee and sweet essential oil

The people who walked around Jungkook were too busy minding their own business—minding their own worries. No oned noticed who he was. Not that they would easily recognize him, he was wearing a black hoodie over a beanie and a black face mask—which half of them wore similar choice of attire.

He carried two a dozens box of fried chicken with both hands as he stood in the middle of a spacious and busiest building he'd ever been in for the past two years.

He couldn't help but assume the reason why people weren't recognizing him was that their group was slowly fading from people's curiosity. Unfortunately, that was one of the downsides of being someone in the spotlight. It's not forever they'd shine. . .

Jungkook has never courted anyone in a hospital, let alone an ER in his entire life and yet there he was in front of the Emergency Room, worrying about the relevance of their career and. . . especially, skeptical he might get kicked out by the only person he came to the hospital for.

Five years. Five fucking years, he cowardly turned his back from her. It's time he man up and stay true to his words for once. He was willing to fight for her that time around, even if he had to fight alone—even if she begged him not to. There was no way he'd give up on Areum that easily again.

He realized something during their isolation in the military camp, if life was threatened, the first thing the brain does was think of something to get through and survive—to avoid the inevitable death at the end of the line. However, that was not the case when a person has trained mentally and physically for 48 hours straight and had constant mental torture of seclusion for a long period of time.

When someone's being restrained and controlled for years, the brain starts to give up too. It doesn't want you to fight anymore but the thought of her kept him going. He couldn't give up knowing he hasn't told Areum how sorry he was and how much he wanted her back.

He felt more lonely and incomplete when she walked away than when he spent nights looking at the moon alone by the dirty river near the Military camp.

It would have been better if he had spent all those years with Areum instead of missing her from afar.

Jungkook blew out a long sigh through his slightly pouted lips before making his way towards the Emergency Room Reception, hoping the nurses could tell him where Areum was.

"Excuse me, sir." Jungkook turned around instinctively, without the assurance that the calling was for him.

The nurse with short hair gave him a small smile, "Do you need anything?"