chapter 56

CHAPTER 56

Song Areum  

Namjoon once said something along the lines of, 'You can only find the true essence of music if you listen to it without prejudice to both the song and the artist who made it

Namjoon once said something along the lines of, 'You can only find the true essence of music if you listen to it without prejudice to both the song and the artist who made it.'

It goes the same with the artists who sang the song. One must have a clear resolve to understand the core of the song, but what was more regarding was when the artists entwined their emotions to the song that even if someone had doubts on them, the song still came out better than expected—that was exactly what happened in the song Areum had written.

She didn't like Iris, so she didn't expect much from her. It was a shame that Iris was indeed an admiring artist—she had always been great. . . so was Jungkook. He's perfect in every way. Areum couldn't justify her doubts on both of them but the song turned out better than expected.

The acrylic extensions on her thumb grazed over her bottom lip while her other arm was folded just below her chest, supporting her elbow as she played with her lip—a common habit she does when concentrating. During the last bridge towards the end of the song, Iris glanced over at Jungkook, he did the same, exchanging genuine smiles as they finished the song.

Her father and Namjoon stood behind her as both Jungkook and Iris finished on the other side of the recording studio.

The staff who was watching as well as her father and Namjoon all applauded as the song slowly faded to the end, all of them cheered amusingly, pleased and more than satisfied at how the final recording went really well and smoothly.

It was what happened when two exemplary artists worked together.

Areum tucked her other arm at the crook of her forearm, crossing both of her arms over her chest as she watched Jungkook and Iris take off their headphones and conversed in an endearing conversation inside the recording side.

She felt her phone vibrate from her pockets, her hands automatically reached for it—good excuse to rid herself out of the room.

Areum read the preview message from Jana before approaching Mr. Han.

"That was perfect." she murmured. "Thanks for your hard work."

Areum glanced at her father and Namjoon to excuse herself but both were too busy talking to each other, she shifted on her heels and stopped to gaze over Jungkook who was having a good laugh with Iris.

She let out a sigh before turning the knob from the recording studio's door and stepped out quietly and unlocked her phone to read Jana's text message.

Jana
𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚞 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜. 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚡𝚡

Areum smiled, before calling her friend immediately as she made her way towards the lobby near the recording studio.