chapter 25

CHAPTER 25

S o n g A r e u m

The members went home late last night from their family dinner

The members went home late last night from their family dinner. They were all happy to be reunited with their main source of strength. It was like all of them had been recharged and was all elated from seeing their families.

Areum had met and greeted each family politely, thanking them for coming all the way from South Korea to London. They were all very appreciative people who constantly smile every chance they get. She's never seen a lot of Korean people who smile as often as the members' family did, probably because she never had friends before and there were no families were introduced to her to compare with except Namjoon's and they were all warm people right from the start.

They asked her to join them for dinner, she thanked them but politely declined, insisting she had work to do before tomorrow's concert.

That night, she went back to the hotel alone, Manager Ye Jin told her to go back first so she could rest after a long day and he'd handle what was left of the concert.

When she got back to her room, she took a shower and lay awake on her bed.

It wasn't true she had work left after the concert. She had finished everything yesterday. But being with the members' family was a reminder that hers was waiting across the world and she couldn't stand herself around other families when she knew her own mother was most likely eating dinner alone back home.

The night went slower than usual that she even went outside her room, phasing and contemplating whether she should knock on Jungkook's room, make sure his foot no longer hurts but she decided against it. He still might not be ready to face her still, if he does, he would've come to her already.

Besides, she was also thinking about what to answer Dacre, who to choose between Luke and her family. She stared at her phone all night, but she couldn't bring herself to choose yet.

Areum strolled in the hallway towards the members' dressing room. She went an hour before the concert to wish them luck, but mainly to check on them. She skipped their morning rehearsal, and it would be the first time the boys would see her on their second day concert.

Some of the venue security sent polite smiles her way which she returned before stepping inside the main dressing room.

On the couch beside the door, there was Hoseok's older sister sitting. Areum approached her, bending down to greet her with a cheek-to-cheek kiss. She was beautiful, always wore a bright smile which was probably why she looked too young for her age. Her skin was clear and glowing, no sign of aging or imperfection.

"How have you been, Ji Woo-eonnie?" she asked.

"Barely slept," she spoke in English which she was fluent with, because she studied once in an English-speaking country.