chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

K i m   S e o k j i n

    "I'm Jin, Worldwide Handsome, you know," Seokjin was the last to stand up and offer a hand to Song Areum, he smiled brightly as the others laughed at his unnerving confidence

    "I'm Jin, Worldwide Handsome, you know," Seokjin was the last to stand up and offer a hand to Song Areum, he smiled brightly as the others laughed at his unnerving confidence. Areum reached closer to him, and he shook her hand rather harshly but unintended. She winced quietly, a shooting pain on her shoulder overtook her polite expression. Jin stood up, worried he had been too rough.

"Eo! Mianhae, eotteoke dwen goya, gwenchana?" (Oh, what happened? Are you alright?)  he abruptly went around his place and  rushed beside Areum, careful not to touch her anywhere. Jin looked worried, his bright eyes wide in concern as he leaned down to make sure he didn't hurt her. 

"I'm okay." Areum managed to let out a nervous laugh, putting a hand near her shoulder but never touching the surface. "I worked out last night, so I'm still a bit sore." she lied to assure their worried looks. Jin clenched his left chest with his right hand as he pretended to catch his breath in relief.

Namjoon almost ran to her only to stop midway, restraining himself from reacting inappropriately as he looked over Areum's direction in concern. He stood behind her with both hands on his waist. The others looked relieved when Areum looked up at them and smiled politely. Jin glanced at Namjoon, he noticed how uneasy he was acting around the visitor. Jin decided not to say anything about it though he wondered what was bothering Namjoon so much. In any case, was he dating Song Areum? He asked himself but immediately dismissed the assumption. They would have known if Namjoon was dating anyone. . . Perhaps, they were a thing before? That's not possible. They would have known that too.

"So you're PDnim's daughter?" Hoseok asked amusingly, looking up at her from his seat.

"Adopted daughter, yes." she answered, avoiding their gaze.

"Wow, your english is good." Taehyung stated, staring at her through his long bangs. She chuckled lightly.

"I've lived here since I turned 14. I'm 20 now, so. . ." she said and glanced over at Namjoon. "And I watched Friends with him." she pointed at Namjoon. Jin watched as Namjoon sat down on his bed, staring at her the whole time. Jin furrowed his brows and sat back down beside Hoseok.

"Your father let you leave home that early?" Jimin asked her, they were all looking at her as if she was a shiny new toy.

"It took a lot of persuasion." she admitted and the guys all made an acknowledging note before the room went silent.

Jin watched her closely, she was clenching the hand she used to shake Jin's. She was biting her lower lip in an attempt to endure what looked like pain somewhere on her arm. She was still standing in front of the members, but she didn't look even a tiny bit timid and self-conscious. Areum wasn't fixing her hair subtly nor covering her mouth as she spoke, she was just standing in the middle of the room immaculately. Normally, girls would feel uncomfortable and coy around them, but seeing her standing by herself without a hint of embarrassment on her face in the most awkward situation, was a breath of fresh air.

She cleared her throat, looking at each of them expectantly. Jin sat by the couch beside Hoseok near the bed, Taehyung was on the bed near Namjoon while Jimin and Jungkook sat on Areum's side with a great distance, all of them looked at her intently, and quite uncomfortably. All five boys except Namjoon were on edge to act around Areum, keeping in mind she's the boss' daughter.

"Oh, sit down," Jin politely stood as soon as he regained sanity and motioned for her to take his place on the couch, the boys' curious stares were cut short as they awkwardly move around the room, Hoseok's eyes widened as he abruptly stood up from the couch as well, making way for Areum.

She gave them a warm smile, but stayed in her place. Jin didn't like being stuck in an uncomfortable situation, and though he always found a way to clear the air at times like this, the moment Namjoon introduced the girl standing in the middle of the room as the CEO's daughter, Jin lost all his wits to make light of the situation.

"I'll be heading out soon. I just wanted to meet and show my gratitude to all of you for trusting my father." she said, bowing down as she thanked the boys in Korean language.

"Ah, there's no need. We should be the one thanking him." Hoseok stepped in, slightly getting comfortable. His bubbly eyes met hers, and she smiled brightly. Jin thought she looked so young when she smiled genuinely.

"I came to wish you well on the concert too. I'm a big fan." she said genuinely. Jin sat on the bed as he looked over Namjoon, his shoulders weren't as tensed anymore, he had a small smile plastered on his face as he looked down on his lap.

Hoseok's eyes widened, "Really? Who's your favorite member?" he asked excitedly and innocently.

Areum chuckled unsolicitedly, she might've found Hoseok adorable—like what most people had. She scanned the room briefly before hiding her small grin.

"He's not here." she confessed.

Jin raised an eyebrow. There were seven members in total, six were in the same room as her, one was in his room sleeping or God knows what he's doing alone. Min Yoongi is her favorite.

"Are you coming to the concert?" Jimin finally asked her, Jin looked at her again. The smile that almost wiped the gloom in her face was gone as soon as she was asked the question.

"She's not a big fan of the crowd. She's not coming." Areum glanced at Namjoon, her expression indecipherable and Jin furrowed his brows in her direction.

"You should come. You can watch it backstage." Jin propped his elbows on the bed, attempting to look cozy despite the odd atmosphere.

"My father would be pleased if I came, wouldn't he be?" she said, biting her lip.

"Would you like to go, though?" Jungkook asked, his voice deeper than usual. The kind of voice he made in promotion videos or the low tone he made to rear a good first impression. Jin smirked at the sight of their youngest, he's got a long way to go in impressing a girl.

"It'd be nice to hear you guys perform live." she admitted, walking towards the couch. Jin flashed her a genuine smile, relieved that she also tried not to put everyone on edge around her.