chapter 63

CHAPTER 63

Park Jimin

10 years. It had been that long since the members signed a contract in Song Jong Hoon's Music and Entertainment label when they were all scrawny and naive.

Almost 7 years since they debuted and they've built lots of friendship over the years they've been working in their agency.

Despite that, it was only now they've all been invited to the chairman's house and it wasn't for a very pleasant reason.

The members just got back from New Zealand the other day and the SongPD unfortunately had fainted from overworking and high blood pressure through all the events that happened the past weeks.

First off, Jungkook's dating scandal. Second, the rival entertainment companies hired hackers to get into the members' and the chairman's personal life. Third, Areum was hospitalized for a few days and had only gotten back home before her father's health was compromised.

She wasn't able to join the New Zealand with the members just as she promised because she had to rest and heal.  Lastly, there was an annual press conference among the top five entertainment labels in South Korea tomorrow which Chairman Song Jung Hoon wouldn't be able to attend—at least not in his state.

The members all sat down in the chairman's living room, quietly and patiently waited for Mr. Kim to come back and let them check up on SongPD.

They were all completely tired and jet lagged but the chairman insisted to meet them today before the press conference tomorrow.

Namjoon stood up despite the stillness of the members.

"I'm going to check up on Areum," he announced.

"You just went in her room two seconds ago." Jin stated.

Namjoon glanced up the ceiling innocently, running out of excuses to walk out of their awkward waiting situation.

All of them wanted out of the living room but they had to show courtesy and humbleness out of respect to their boss—and their friend's father.

Regardless of SongPD's state, Areum still managed to take Namjoon's side after finding out her father made Namjoon work and missed out on an activity in New Zealand. Typical Areum.

Namjoon opened up to Jimin while they were camping one night in the middle of nowhere in New Zealand and it was cold, Yoongi was making some wine which tasted like wood and kerosine. Jimin sat on his own in one corner as he watched the stars when Namjoon came and sat beside him with a down expression.

Jimin thought he was worried about Areum. They didn't even get to visit her at the hospital before they left for New Zealand. But above anything else, Namjoon was overstressed from work and it hindered his ability to enjoy their short vacation in NZ. The members sometimes wished he'd take a break once in a while but Namjoon was just way too responsible work-wise.