chapter 10

CHAPTER 10

S o n g A r e u m

    The staff have taken the meals Areum had prepared for them

The staff have taken the meals Areum had prepared for them. She had told Namjoon to contact Manager Ye Jin for the staff's food which they were essentially grateful for. Only, Mr. Kim found out about it shortly and now she was forced to tag along on the boys' promotional sportswear photoshoot. The old man commended her for getting out of the house and doing a good deed for once, voluntarily. She had taken a ride with Mr. Kim on the way to the venue and he assured her a good word will be passed onto his father which she quickly denied. She didn't prepare those meals for anyone to prove anything to her Father. Areum prepared all of it because it was the least she could do after all the trouble she and her strict parents had caused the members and the staff.

The members were given a massive dressing room to prep up for the photoshoot. Mr. Kim insisted she stay with the boys as they got getting ready for the first pictorial. The room was decently cold, and has at least 9 chairs in front of the huge mirror vanity. It has the usual white interior and black leather styling chairs and white countertops as well as a long couch at the back where Areum sat.

Namjoon was on his phone, scrolling as he tried to fight his weariness while his stylist did his hair. Jin was convincing his stylist not to cut his hair, the stylist laughing at his old remarks instead of losing her patience from Jin's constant pleads. Areum grinned at the sight of Jin laughing eventually as he got what he wants—grow his hair longer.

Hoseok sat beside her, dozing off as he waited for the others because finished his hair and makeup earlier than the rest. Taehyung on the other hand was getting his hair waved as he played on his phone, Areum found herself smiling whenever she looked at him. He looked like an innocent kid preoccupied with his toy—always enjoying the little things. Yoongi was beside Jin, he had fallen asleep on his chair, his mouth slightly pouting while he slept, not even bothered by Jin's hyper laugh beside him, he was just sleeping soundly. Areum knew he was too tired to even be aware of his surroundings and she felt bad for him. On the farthest end, Jimin had his head falling to each side sleepily as the makeup artist fixed his eye makeup. Areum watched all seven for a while, taking in all the exhaustion the boys were under.

She scanned the room as her eyes caught a brief sight of Jungkook's sleeping figure on his chair as the stylist leaned down in front of him to fix his makeup. He had his head down but the reflection of him sleeping was clear in the mirror in front of him. Jungkook looked as beautiful as he was awake. Areum had the longest conversation with him earlier this afternoon since they met. She apologized to him if the bulgogi tasted a bit blunt as she didn't have enough time to make everything properly on time. He smiled at her as she tried to justify her cooking to him, he even reassured her when Areum admitted she had no idea how it all tasted, she thought everything tasted plain because she was afraid to overdo the seasonings. Jungkook had offered to cook with her next time and she agreed, ignoring the unusual beating of her heart. Areum decided to ignore the strange emotions she'd been having around Jungkook, for the sake of the people around them. She realized how childish she had been handling the situation.