chapter 13

CHAPTER 13

Song Areum

The sun was barely visible against the dark shade of indigo sky on a rainy day

It was early and it was Areum's first morning in Chicago as she arrived late in the afternoon yesterday. She'd been in contact with her parents, Mr. Kim and Manager Ye Jin about her plans to join the band's world tour for 5 months before they come back to Korea. Areum had to stay behind for a few days in Los Angeles before booking a flight to join the members on the road.

After her serious talk with Namjoon, she had realized that she ally herself got stuck way beneath the surface where it was impossible for her to swim back up. It wasn't Luke's passing that took her there nor was it her fear of Elijah that imprisoned her into the dark void she was in. It was herself who was destroying her, and everyone around her.

Areum thought she was in chaos, but she was one with chaos.

Jana was supportive of Areum's decision to leave Los Angeles for a while, she said that was exactly what Areum needed to heal. Jana took it well when Areum had told her about Namjoon's proposal for Areum to join the tour and go home to Korea together. She needed to  be away and get rid of the fear that suffocated her so she could finally go home to her family and start a new life away from the agony she'd been carrying for months.

Areum had left and sold all her belongings including her cellphone in Los Angeles, hence why she had to buy a new one in Chicago. The police have suggested to get rid of all their personal belongings that may possibly be tracked to avoid interference from Elijah. They gave up their apartment and paid for the damages while Jana got a small place near her manager's apartment while Areum rode to San Francisco to put some of her Medicine books and lectures in her aunt's house before she flew to Chicago. For now, she was far from Los Angeles and Elijah Davis.

     Areum only slept for 3 hours or so, she had been sitting in the kitchen with her now cold tea for a few hours as she watched the rain showered the grass and trees outside the sliding doors in the dining area.

There was a gentle tapping of small raindrops against the window, the kind of weather she liked. It used to be her main excuse for not leaving the house back in Los Angeles—whenever it rarely rained back there. It was Luke's favorite weather too. They both liked the cold, and the scent of the rain when it touched the surface of the earth, and the sound of it that can't be defined as annoying or relaxing. Maybe even both.

    She got up from her seat and washed the mug she used on the sink once she noticed the sky was getting lighter and the rain finally stopping. All the members collapsed in their bedrooms early last night from a slight fever from the rain and fatigue during the concert. Jin and Jungkook had it worse though. Both had high fever all night and suffered from sore throats and colds. Areum had made all of them some ginger tea and gave them Vitamin C before bed to boost their immune system a little bit. She had also talked to the director to let the boys rest for today to regain their strength while Manager Ye Jin insisted with her. The cameras set up in the whole house have been covered and turned off for the members' privacy and day off.