chapter 33

CHAPTER 33

Song Areum

It had been drizzling all day, for a few hours it would stop raining then raindrops would drizzle again for a few minutes

It had been drizzling all day, for a few hours it would stop raining then raindrops would drizzle again for a few minutes. The massive window across Areum's hotel bed had been stained by the light raindrops outside while the indoor heater moistened the glass, hindering the view from outside so she turned it off a little while ago.

It was dark outside by the time Areum had finished watching compilation videos of Hoseok on the internet, he was like a sunshine in gloomy weathers and an energizer for bad days. She had been watching videos of Hoseok and Jin all day, because it they have the best laughs in the group.

Jana was right all along about those compilation videos of the boys online being better than painkillers. All seven were indeed a good healing for the soul.

Last night, when Jungkook didn't come to visit her, she resorted to watch one compilation video of him that led to a couple more back when they were just starting out on their debut. He looked so young then, he was quiet and so innocent—just as how she remembered him when she was only ten.

She felt like a creep watching him on the internet when he was just a couple of doors away from her room. Then again, everything felt wrong without him, she missed him though they just parted.

The first time she had seen him in her father's company studio resurfaced in her head when she was watching his silly videos online the night prior.

He didn't know her then—none of the members knew her except Namjoon, who was fading in her life slowly at that time. Jungkook just got back from a Dance Class from Los Angeles back then and he was in the rehearsal room, practicing his piece before he presented it to the CEO and producers.

Her father brought her to the studio to watch the rookie trainee who came back from the states, someone she could look up to in the industry when the time comes. SongPD, her father always knew Jeon Jungkook would have a great impact in the industry, he wanted Areum to be like that one day.

Even then, her father wasn't the only one who had eyes on young Jungkook—she did too. . . up until present, she still had her eyes on Jungkook. The quiet kid from Busan had grown up well enough to pave the way along with six more talented men.

Around 5:30 am, the usual time she woke up for the concert, she stumbled into her bathroom and an unexpected visitor finally arrived through a very painful body ache and heavy blood gushing from inside her. Her monthly—more like an occasional menstrual period had finally come in the most torturous way.

She had been having an irregular menstrual cycle over the past months ever since she got out of the hospital, it was just unfortunate that it came in full strength today. When it happened, she had given herself a nice and quick warm bath before preparing herself to go back to bed, letting Manager Ye Jin know that she would sit out today's concert, being it the last day of the concert, she thought her presence would be of no use to anyone there anyway.