chapter 75

CHAPTER 75

Song Areum

"Noona, baega gopayo

"Noona, baega gopayo." (Older Sister, I'm hungry.) the little boy with a medium-sized plaster on his head murmured.

"Ik Sun-ie, did Doctor Song let you call her that?" Seung Jae asked, referring to how the boy addressed Areum casually.

He then sat down on the small stool beside the hospital's bed and gave a gentle mess on the boy's hair.

The boy scrunched his nose shyly as he smiled, he had small eyes and mouth—he looked innocent and lively despite the seizure he just had an hour ago.

The kid had been in the hospital for two days, he had a Grand Mal Seizure when he was sent to the Emergency Room.

Some doctors looked into the boy's case but had different analysis as to why a healthy and active boy—who didn't even show any mild symptoms of colds, fever and anoxia (absence of oxygen supply to organs but has adequate blood flow to the tissue) was suddenly rushed to the Emergency Room with seizures.

Professor Kim was looking into it with Areum. She was asked to run some tests and keep an eye on the boy as he was not responding to any Medications given to him.

Recently, he had shown signs of a rare child's disease that Areum and their Research team encountered once but she still couldn't be certain, their studies still needed further and more in depth research and testing. Regardless, it was the kind of disease that comes like a robber in a blackout and steals the life of the host.

"She's too pretty to be my imo," (imo = aunt) the boy giggled and covered his mouth with his little hands cheekily.

Areum bit the insides of cheek to hold back the smirk on her face instinctively, she didn't normally like kids, mostly because they don't like her too. And they were loud and awfully energetic.

Ik-sun on the other hand was gentle and playful but not too playful that he'd go around asking attention from anyone and disrupt the pediatric ward with tantrums.

He was mostly in his bed drawing or watching cartoons on the little screen by his bed—or he'd be reading children's book on his own. According to his parents, the boy always spoke well and didn't stutter once while growing up and so they gave him books to read to keep his good sense of developing a better linguistic perspective as he grew older.

Seung Jae chuckled and glanced up at Areum briefly before stroking the kid's cheek with a feathering touch usingl the back of his index finger.

"Noona, am I pretty too?" the boy asked, fluttering his eyes on Areum.

She chuckled, took out one of her hands from her coat pockets and leaned down to form small and gentle circles on the boy's hand.

"Sure, you are." Areum reassured him before giving him a warm smile as she straightened her back and checked his vitals again. . . so far, he was stable.