chapter 52

CHAPTER 52

Song Areum

"I'll let him know, you've arrived

"I'll let him know, you've arrived." SongPD's secretary informed Areum with a polite smile before the woman disappeared in her sight.

Areum sat on one of the coffee couches just outside the boardroom. Her father has given her permission to end their deal by co-producing her music under her father's name and label.

It wasn't an act of being full of herself but her name had already been tainted badly in Los Angeles and her being affiliated with a conservative company such as BH Entertainment would only do the them more harm than good. She didn't care about her name getting tarnished but it was her father's company she was protecting.

The last thing she wanted was put her father or the members' name in shame.

"Annyeonghaseyo," one of the staff from the members' team walked past her, bowing slightly in front of her.

She noticed his familiar face, he was the youngest staff on tour. Areum stood up and bowed in return. "Sejeong-ssi, jal jinesseoyo?"

"You remembered my name," the guy itched the back of his head, slightly blushing.

A soft chuckle escaped her lips just as the secretary came back out of the boardroom and went straight to where she was.

"Ms. Song? You may come in," the secretary smiled and lifted her hands gesturing towards the room.

"Of course, I did." her nose scrunched as she smiled at Sejeong. "See you around!"

Areum turned to Sejeong one last time and excused herself politely before following her father's secretary towards the tall and plain double-leaf door, the woman smiled at her one last time as she opened the door for her.

She thanked her before stepping inside the room with an enthusiastic smile, her eyes going straight to her father who was sitting at the CEO's chair in the long table along with two other people on his left side.

She shifted her gaze towards the artists they were meeting, her grip on the small purse she was holding tightened as her smile quickly faded.

There was a brief second of being stuck deep in a dazed to consider the reality in front of her.

There sat Jungkook on his father's side, wearing a mustard button down dress shirt—it was the first time she had seen him wear clothes that weren't gray or black. Did he specially wore something out of his comfort zone to impress the woman beside him?

He had his sleeves rolled up just below his elbows and he stared at her with astonishment. . . beside him was a beautiful woman in her late twenties though it didn't show.