chapter 72

CHAPTER 72

Song Areum

Jungkook turned halfway as Areum extended her neck slightly to the side, her eyes tired enough to give off any welcoming emotions to the figure walking towards of them

"Eo, you're back. Annyeonghaseyo," Da Reum lowered his head as soon as he noticed Jungkook.

Areum cleared her throat and stepped away from Jungkook opening their front door as he motioned for Da Reum to get inside.

"There's food in the Kitchen, wait inside." she told him.

Da Reum nodded, his eyes glued to Jungkook as he sprinted up the steps of the front porch.

"Annyeonghi geseyo," he told Jungkook before lowering his head again and walked past them into the house.

Areum closed the door behind Da Reum and turned to Jungkook. "Go h—"

"He looked too young to be your boyfriend," Jungkook mentioned bluntly, evidently not pleased at the kid.

She could feel the heat of anger boiling inside her as she bit the inside of her cheeks before speaking.

"That kid. . ." she held back from telling him to fuck off. "Is not my boyfriend. It's not like Iris was the same age as you."

"That's different!" Jungkook opposed immediately.

"Yes, it is." Areum agreed. "Because I care for that kid more than Iris ever cared for you which you were too blind to see because you're head over fucking heels for her."

Jungkook has drained all the blood and emotions on his face. Areum lets out a sigh, almost regretting her own words before squeezing her eyes shut and turning the knob to the front door again.

She stepped in, debating whether to apologize to Jungkook or leave it at that. Areum chose the latter, closing the door behind her, leaving Jungkook on their front porch as she slid down on the door, her back finding discomfort against the hard-wood door.

Her knees folded up in front of her as she rest her elbows on it, burying her head through her cold palms as it ached like it was slowly getting pulled apart; these days, her migraine had been acting up too often but nothing too serious to worry about, perhaps it was just exhaustion she was feeling.

"What happened?"

Areum slowly retrieved her face against her palm as she looked where the voice came from.

Da Reum stood in front of her with a big plate full of main dishes and desserts, his mouth full while he held muffin on his free hand. He blinked a few times before taking a seat right beside Areum on the floor, resting his back against the door too.